Got some Summer alloys need tyres changed.

billyboker

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus
I got a set of summer alloys and was wondering is it easy to get the tyres changed over from the other wheels.
Our the tyre dealers around East Belfast happy to do this and how much would it cost.
I don't need valves the wheels came with 4 new TPMS sensors.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Will cost probably £15 a wheel - might be a bit less if swapping over but the likes of Gilnahirk, if you bring them tyres you bought elsewhere for them to fit, will cost you £15 a wheel

Sham1

RMS Regular
All depends what you are doing.
1. Fitting 4 tyres to rims, and balancing will be £20 - £25
2. Removing tyres from rims and fitting 4 tyres and balancing, probably £25 - 30
3. Removing tyres from two sets of rims, but only refitting and balancing one set £35 - £40
4. full tyre swap, removing two sets of tyres and refitting two sets of tyres and balancing, prob £50 - £60.

you have to remember that you are taking the tyre fitters time, and they aren’t making any
profit on the tyres, so they need to charge accordingly. Everyone has bills to pay.

billyboker

RMS Regular
OP
billyboker
Drives
Focus
Taking tyres of one set and putting onto another set. Had a look yesterday and 3 tyres have nails in them :worried:

Sham1

RMS Regular
just had my winter tyres taken off, and the summers put back on. 4 off @£40+Vat. So more expensive than my previous quote, but still not too bad I think.