GQ and Top Gear's Jason Barlow Joins Sold as Seen Podcast Episode 6

•   
See the blog feature on this - GQ Magazine. Top Gear. Loaded Magazine. Bond Cars. 12th July Riots. Eddie Irvine. Don't be a star f**ker. Firing Jonny Smith. The Kelly Show. Driven. Mike Brewer. Lauda. Paul Weller. Tarantino. Christian Bale. Matt Damon. Michael Caine.

You're going to be to be blown away. The story of local lad Jason Barlow, on writing the dream on the latest episode of the Sold as Seen Podcast.

Jason Barlow is Editor-At-Large at Top Gear magazine, and a contributor for GQ magazine where he has written articles for over 23 years and has recently released Amazon Best Seller Bond Cars: A Definitive History. He hails from Bangor, Northern Ireland and among many other things, he presented BBC2 Top Gear for 55 epsiodes replacing Jeremy Clarkson before the show was relaunched in 2002, worked with James May and Mike Brewer on Driven, and sabotaged his own interview for Max Power magazine with publisher EMAP in the '90s.
"Machines can create things of great emotion." Jason Barlow, Sold as Seen Podcast, Episode 6.
Jason is currently on our TV screens as a judge on ITV4's the Car Years, but it's his incredible automotive journalism and the column inches that followed that tell the real story. From Car Magazine to Loaded, to Top Gear Magazine and did I mention GQ? If you love cars, music, and film, prepare your ears for episode 6 of Sold as Seen.

Spotify Apple Podcasts Google Podcasts Soundcloud Acast YouTube RSS Feed or just ask Siri or Alexa to Play Sold as Seen Podcast

These show notes are to accompany episode 6 of the Sold as Seen Podcast.

The Road Rat

The Car Years – ITV4

You can find out more about Jason by following him on GQ: Jason Barlow or on social media @jasonbarlowuk

Jason’s Merc W123 and stunning Ferrari F355.

Important journalism at work in a Ferrari F8 Tributo.

Jason with Lewis Hamilton… and a motley crew that is the Sold as Seen team.

Extreme-E: https://www.extreme-e.com

How was the first Extreme E race? Our verdict - Motor Sport Magazine

Jason’s one time colleague at GQ, Boris Johnson. Source Car

Boris Johnson reviews the 2005 Vantage V8 | CAR Magazine

BMW iX

BMW takes another step on BEV mission with iX, i4 | Automotive News

McLaren Artura vs Lotus Emira

McLaren Artura - Wikipedia
New 2022 Lotus Emira starts bold new era for British brand | Auto Express

Ferrari 296 GTB

New Ferrari 296 GTB Dropped | GQ

Jason and the Trophy.

Dennis Hopper in the Ford Cougar Ad: Dennis Hopper - Ford Cougar ad Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Only got round to listening. That Jason boy is an interesting fella.

What he said about Eddie Irvine didn't surprise me, but a little disappointed to hear Niki Lauda was hard work. He didn't say too much about it but I can read between the lines.

Always disappointing to hear some of your heros are actually not the nicest of people. It would be hard work to be a consistent di*k, so maybe these people are just caught on a bad day. They say never meet your heros and I dont think I ever want to now lol

Another good show👍🏻