Greenlight Car Competition - a bit of fun for all

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Everyone,

Our marketing guys are always coming up with this kind of stuff and this time I suggested that we run a competition with RMS - hope you don't mind :oops:

This is a Greenlight/RMS first in relation to competitions, as we have not ran anything on RMS like this before. If it goes well, you'll be seeing this type of thing on a more regular basis.

Anyway, on with the principal of this competition.

This is a straight showdown (or show-off) between members that is effectively a best car competition, which we will be administered via our facebook page.

To enter we will require the following:
  • One digital photograph of your current vehicle (artistic merit helps) - only one picture allowed per entrant, so pick your best
  • You will need to follow the link to our company facebook page Welcome to Facebook | Facebook
  • To be able to post your picture, you will need to 'become a fan' of our facebook page
  • Add your picture/photo to our 'wall' with your RMS Username and the words 'photo competition' within the title
With this being a competition, albeit a bit of fun, we are obliged to list the terms and conditions - which you will find at the bottom of this post.

Prizes will be as follows:
First Prize - Autoglym Collection Valet Case (and cleaning kit) view at Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
Second Place - Wicked Arts - Cartoon Cars Mug (of your choice) Pictures of Cartoon Cars, Car Cartoons and Car Caricatures.
Third Place - Wicked Arts - Cartoon Cars Mug (of your choice) Pictures of Cartoon Cars, Car Cartoons and Car Caricatures.

Clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but as someone has to mediate this we will be using a point structure to assess entries fairly, with Greenlight's entire (petrol head) staff involved with the scoring process.

Good luck people and may the best member win (y)

Kind regards

Tony

NB. You do not have to be a Greenlight customer to join it, this is for all RMS members.

NB. Our facebook page can be accessed by either clicking the text link below my signature upon RMS, or clicking here Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Competition Terms/Conditions[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
  • Images of your vehicles will need to be added to the wall and with the words "photo competition" and your RMS username on the
  • Greenlight Insurance page on Facebook
  • Closing date - midnight 14/08/2009
  • This competition is free to enter for everyone, no purchase necessary
  • The image provided must be of reasonable size and resolution for us to be able to see the vehicle, the image must be of your vehicle
  • This competition is open to UK residents only
  • This competition is provided by Greenlight Insurance, Coach House, Goodwood Avenue, Brentwood, Essex, CM13 1QD
  • 1 entry per person
[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The winner will be picked by staff members using a points scheme[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The winners will notified by Facebook message within 4 weeks of closing[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Winners' names will be announced on the Greenlight Insurance page on Facebook, our website, RMS and on Twitter[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Pictures may also appear on the Greenlight Insurance website[/FONT]
  • Pictures entered into a previous competition with us cannot be entered

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Is this purely for RMS? or does it include other people from other forums?

Mark

edit - posted in correct thread

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
okies i'm being dumb as i hate face book wi a passion and never used, managed to become a fan... how the fek does one post a pic to 'the wall'

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Mark,

The competition is aimed at RMS, but we had ran a similar competition via one of our Ford Focus ST connections earlier this year.

This time around with it being purely via RMS only photo's carrying RMS usernames within the title qualify - so if you're friends want to be involved and they're not part of the RMS community they'd better sign up and stick around (I did ;) )

Kind regards

Tony

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
okies i'm being dumb as i hate face book wi a passion and never used, managed to become a fan... how the fek does one post a pic to 'the wall'

Hi Mook,

I've got our techies here working upon screen shots of how to do this, which will be added to facebook shortly (y)

As one of our best customers, it would be good to see your car!

Kindest regards

Tony

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
what about if you have a pic of your current car but the previous owner took it? is that cheating lol

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
cheers tony,

i'll fire up a snap of the calibra as i dont reall yhave any good ones of the cav yet as its spends most of its life off the road...

or can u put a pic up for each car u own or is it strictly one per member?

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
what about if you have a pic of your current car but the previous owner took it? is that cheating lol

Hi Jonny w,

Providing the picture isnt from a vehicle manufacturer or franchise dealers website, it's relatively recent and that you are the current owner of the car we would accept this.

Kind regards

Tony

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
worked out how to do it lol...

click attachment and browse for the pic... uploadin one now

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
cheers tony,

i'll fire up a snap of the calibra as i dont reall yhave any good ones of the cav yet as its spends most of its life off the road...

or can u put a pic up for each car u own or is it strictly one per member?

No worries Mook,

It would be only one picture per member, so pick the best one buddy (y)

Kind regards

Tony

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Thats Great,

Our marketing boys will be 'feeling the love'...

On the upside, I suggested RMS to run the competition with but this kind of response to some light hearted fun will probably inspire a few more competitions across the year!

Kind regards

Tony

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
What kind of "Photography" will see us in with a chance?

Does the Greenlight Team like a bit of abstract? or the good old fashioned stuff?

:p

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
What kind of "Photography" will see us in with a chance?

Does the Greenlight Team like a bit of abstract? or the good old fashioned stuff?

Hi 106lad,

Our staff are quite diverse so it's hard to say really, it's the personal scoring of each individual thats added to find a winner.

Kind of the Eurovision approach to car competitions.

Kind regards

Tony

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.