Greenlight - expand existing schemes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Everyone,

This is just a quick post to outline where our current schemes have expanded and will hopefully be able to improve what we are currently offering to you.

TPF&T cover
The existing schemes that we have available have favoured comprehensive cover to date, but we have secured improved rates for Third Party Fire & Theft cover which are now available to you.

You'll find our TPF&T rates are competitive and are available to performance vehicles with a market value under £5000.

Drivers Aged 21-24
Our main Underwriters are currently keen to expand coverage of drivers within this age bracket and as a result we have improved the terms available for drivers aged 21-24 seeking either comprehensive or TPF&T cover for their vehicle.

There will be a performance car driving experience requirement for vehicles with a BHP in excess of 170, but for those of you that do not have recent experience or exposure to a performance car this would still leave quite a number of vehicles as an option.

Whilst there are clearly quite a number of performance models under 170 BHP that would be fun to drive and will help experience, I felt there to be some merit to highlighting some examples of the vehicles we could cover for drivers without recent driving experience of performance cars, which would be:

Vauxhall Astra Sri
Vauxhall Astra Sri CDTi (150)
Honda Civic Type S
Volkswagen Golf GT TDI (130/150/170)
Volkswagen Golf GT
Volkswagen Golf GTi-T (150)
Mini Cooper
Mazda MX-5/Eunos Roadster
Subaru Impreza Sport

Although we are particularly competitive for modified vehicles, we are able to entertain performance models with or without modifications.

2 or 3 year NCB
Whilst our current schemes have favoured drivers with maximum NCB, two of our main Underwriters are looking to boost their intake of drivers with 2 or 3 years.

This applies to both comprehensive or TPF&T cover and will supplement the schemes that we currently have available to members.

Covering Belfast Since 2006
We've been covering Northern Ireland since 2006, it's been a key region of ours for some time now and we're keen to grow our presence within the BT (Belfast) postcodes.

So if you're in need of Insurance cover for a standard or modified performance car we're here to help and can be reached either online at www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk or by calling 01277 376000.

If you fall within one of the target areas listed above, I would encourage you to call for a quotation as applications are being handled on a bespoke basis and we do have some flexibility within these areas.

Thanks once again for listening.

Kindest regards

Tony

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Does that mean I couldn't get a quote on a Clio 197 for example if I was 21 with 3 years NCB , 18 months of which were driving a 'warm' hatch? (Yaris T Sport)

Martyn

RMS Regular
Do you do cover for Porsche cars - I know they have always been excluded.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Good to see :cool:

From my experience with them they were never anything but helpful and the service was alot more personal than any other provider i've been with before / since.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Do you still not cover Fabia vRS's? I'm still a bit fuming losing 10 months no claims after changing from a Focus ST.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Top work lads. Just be carefulk with the BT area, lol, Joyriding rife lately. Especially round Darragh's area.

Sadly iv never had a quote that's anything but laughable

Not surprised,lol. :p

To be fair I've only had one silly quote myself for a sandard car.

But the boys are very easy to deal with and more than helpful. And always give a good explanation as to why.

I've also seen a lot of happy customers on here from them. horses for courses.

lighter7

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E36/Disco3
I found Greenlight to be very cheap when it came to insuring my ST. Are you going to be changing the set up with RWD cars? My last car was RWD and im wanting to change my car sometime next year. But because I've had the ST for over 3 years I was told my experience with RWD cars isnt recent enough :worried:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Sadly iv never had a quote that's anything but laughable

Same here, Tony is very helpful but some of their conditions are simply a little unreasonable.

I have 3 points for talking on my mobile, can't recall the conviction code, but Greenlight came up with some ridiculously high quote and blamed it on the fact I had 3 points for what equates to careless driving or the likes. I went to Hughes and they were more than half the price for the same cover.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Same here, Tony is very helpful but some of their conditions are simply a little unreasonable.

I have 3 points for talking on my mobile, can't recall the conviction code, but Greenlight came up with some ridiculously high quote and blamed it on the fact I had 3 points for what equates to careless driving or the likes. I went to Hughes and they were more than half the price for the same cover.
I wont bother even trying to get a quote when I turn 21 then if that's the case...

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Still no Vx220 turbos? Mine is up for renewal next month. Got a reasonable renewal quote through already though.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I got a quote of 1k last year, but they wouldnt quote this year at all

Mark s

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra 2.5 Twin T
Couldnt even quote me.. Said my vehicle is not recognised by the ABI and is not grouped!

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
Couldnt even quote me.. Said my vehicle is not recognised by the ABI and is not grouped!
Aye it's a pain with a few cars, if it's not on the ABI list they won't touch it, dunno why they stick to that list and other companies can quote you for the likes of DC5s and other such imports.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I wont bother even trying to get a quote when I turn 21 then if that's the case...

All circumstances are individual / different.

I took out a policy whilst having 3 points on a Group 20, 380-400bhp car in my early twenties, they gave me a quote for about the same price as I was paying for a 1.6 Focus Zetec at the time. However one year later I couldn't get a quote on a different group 20 car but their reasoning was explained and I went elsewhere with no hard feelings.

I think the bottom line / consensus is that Tony and his team are good to deal with and worth 5 minutes of your time with a phonecall, they may not be the cheapest for everyone in every circumstance but you don't know until you ask.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Ive been with Greenlight since they came to RMS, briliant so far. Though in September I might have a problem because when I swapped to the Audi they could only cover it until the end of the policy and I might have to go eslewhere. But Tony has promised to deal with my case personnally to see what he can do for me. Top work :grinning:

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Do you still not cover Fabia vRS's? I'm still a bit fuming losing 10 months no claims after changing from a Focus ST.
I'm in the same boat with the Octavia vrs, something to do with excessive claims in relation to these apparently? If that's the case, I'm sorry to say I'm happy taking business elsewhere:/

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi StevenMC29,

Thanks for posting within our thread.

The 170BHP listed in the detail I had posted is for automatic acceptance without a performance experience requirement.

Where vehicles are beyond the 170BHP an experience requirement may apply, depending upon the age/licence length of the driver and the specific model of the vehicle you're looking to cover.

With your being aged under 25 and just looking to purchase the Clio 197 we would need to refer your 18 months warm hatch experience to Underwriters.

On the upside, we do deal with the 197/200 owners clubs and have a specific scheme for Clio 197 models. Which will be helpful in this instance.

Kind regards

Tony

Does that mean I couldn't get a quote on a Clio 197 for example if I was 21 with 3 years NCB , 18 months of which were driving a 'warm' hatch? (Yaris T Sport)

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Woodcutter,

You're a long standing member and someone who's been here since we first came to RMS, so thanks for taking time out to post.

The condition that you mention is something that the first Underwriter we involved to cover Northern Ireland had stipulated and it relates specifically to the CU80 (using a Mobile Phone whilst driving) offence, which is one that they have not been willing to cover under our preferentially rated schemes.

We have since added other Underwriters who can accommodate the CU80 (mobile phone) conviction, but the offence itself is being classified in the same banding as careless driving.

Once it's over 3 years old, you'll find that most Insurers will regard this as spent from rating purposes and this will make a really positive difference to the rates that we are able to provide.

Kind regards

Tony

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.