Greenlight - expand existing schemes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Hi Ace,

If you don't mind me running a review to look into the factors that have hampered our ability to quote, i'd be happy to do so.

Simply PM me your actual name, postcode and client/quote reference (or date of birth) and i'll be able to look into this for you.

Kind regards

Tony

Thanks, just renewed however with flux, but theres always next year. Ill PM now

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Hi Andy,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Our Underwriters are geared to covering performance, modified and classic cars. But we can often run standard non-performance cars until the end of the policy, this is usually at the original terms of the performance car policy.

Talking specifically about the Focus Rs mk2. We've been covering the Focus RS mk2 since it's launch, but it's came to a point now due to theft and total losses through "hero" driving that we will not be looking for any new business with this model. Mainly due to our Underwriters paying out in excess of 9x what we receive in premiums right now (ie for every £100 in premium received we're paying out £900+).

There is absolutely no commercial viability in writing the MK2 right now and our Underwriters are stinging from the losses they're receiving with the model, meaning that if we can source terms they will not be under any preferentially rated schemes.

Your previous performance car driving experience will be really helpful, but the longer the gap since owning your last performance car will have an impact upon the available markets and our ability to provide competitive rates.

When you've a specific idea as to what you're after (and with us already holding your details) calling our telephone team on 01277 376000 to update your details and discuss your options (and full prior performance experience) would be the best way to go.

Kind regards

Tony

Hi tony, thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough response.

I miss my performance cars and have contemplated buying something fun for the weekend...like my old evo v. However, with this being a high rating interms of insurance and my ncd being tied up in the daily hack I'm pretty sure that my insurance quote would be horrific!! ( if I could even get one with no ncd)

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
Hi Aidan,

We should be able to offer finance for you, but this will require a deposit.

Kind regards

Tony

Hi Tony

Yeah its come at a bad time for me to get the money for the deposit, but i'll defintly give you guys another try!

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
Hi Tony,

Have you more information on taking out a classic policy along side a daily hack policy as such??

Such as mirrored NCB etc?

Dale

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Miniator,

With the low exposure, limited use nature of Classic car models the schemes we have available are not NCB rated and do not require NCB to qualify.

Our classic car schemes require all drivers to be aged over 25 and the vehicle must:
  1. Be a second vehicle, with another vehicle Insured in your name
  2. Have an annual mileage requirement of less than 6000 miles per annum
We can entertain minor modifications to vehicles under the classic car scheme, premiums levels are extremely competitive and agreed value is available.

Whilst there is a list of some 5500 classic models that we can cover, as a rule of thumb if the vehicle has been featured regularly within the classic car media (which the classic mini has) we stand a good chance of being able to cover it.

If you're in need of Insurance cover for a standard, or lightly modified Classic car we can be reached by calling our dedicated telephone team during office hours on 01277 376000, or via our website www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk.

Kind regards

Tony

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
When the time comes i will be be giving you's a call - would be handy to keep it all under one roof so to speak

Good to know about the NCB - sensible thinking there

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi miniator,

I'll review our available Classic car products and will post a separate thread that can hopefully be pinned to help highlight the qualifying criteria, how the scheme operates (agreed value option etc.), policy cover features and some example rates together for you.

Which will hopefully provide useful detail for you and other members with Classic cars.

Kind regards

Tony

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.