Grill/Mesh Styles?? Opinions Needed

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Skillie

Alright gents, sending the car in at the end of the week to have the kit sprayed and fitted. My new bumper is a replica of the Ferrari 360 bumper and the prob is what grill/mesh to fit in those vents. Any car place i've tried only has small honeycombe or cirle stuff. 'fraid me no likey and want opinions/pics of styles to suit.

Two styles ferrari do are the square mesh look which i've managed with some stuff i found in a garden centre and cut to suit and sprayed black!

And the diamond type on the F360

I R HillBilly

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
2nd grill

Marc

RMS Moderator
I wouldnt use the garden mesh sprayed mate, it will only rust and look pants

Skillie

OP
S
Its plastic coated but this is my prob with it alright that is not galvinised or stainless. It is the look i'm goin for alright though. The other stuff just won't suit and looks tacky as hell.

@Fezari can't get into the link cos most sites here are blocked till lunch i'll look then though, cheers

Skillie

OP
S
Fezari said:
heres a pic mate, not really wat yer after tho

udp893b.jpg

Sorry mate and thanks for the effort but this servers a real pain in the arse and won't show me the image. I'll check out that site at lunch. Even on searchin the web theres very little choice or variation in mesh styles

Skillie

OP
S
Got some in a metal wholesalers earlier, its stainless and will be painted black. Its square shaped but obviously can be cut and turned to diamond arrangement. looks like the one below. Will have to cut it and try it on first and see what it looks like, both square and diamond. Wasn't cheap either the ****ers

Skillie

OP
S
iain said:
Worth it tho skillie, it looks amazing, any news on the plate yet??

well its not that exact one but is pretty much that shape and size. I will be painting it black though (has to be subtle) and will need to see what it looks like. Will prob try do the main grill as well in the same stuff so will all tie in well.

I've registered the car in Ireland now, but don't have a clue how i sell on the plate, waiting on some forms from the DVLA think i gotta put it on retention in the UK if i can at all and then apply to transfer it.....?

Skillie

OP
S
To be honest Phil, i'm ****ting it that its gonna come out all wrong!! I'll have no car for bout 10 days gonna try get her lowered at the same time so it can look as good as possible. Any ideas on the mesh, want it to be as inconspicuous as poss yet cool when you do notice it. What about doin the custom grill same as the 360 intakes?? I'm really dreading this mate.

Skillie

OP
S
Fraid chrome aint my bag Mk3 lad. All the litle Kleptomaniac scrotes around my way would have a field day anyway and it'd last about ten minutes!!

Skillie

OP
S
By slats do you mean individual bars. was gonna get individual pieces of metal and weave them through the air intake. Cut holes shove them through but the possibility of this goin horribly wrong ruining a costly bumper three months in the waiting to get from Belgium to UK to me was a bit too strong

Skillie

OP
S
O i dunno mate, sounds ok don't think i fancy trying it though. Like the look of the original bumpers and if i can get somewhere near that i'll be happy. Like i've mentioned before want the mesh to be somethin very subtle u don't really notice. Like those big evil looking black holes you get on the 360!
Ferrari%20360%20Modena%20-%20Front.jpg

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Black square mesh i recon mate , personally i don't think you should be able to notice it anyway........ keep it nice a subtle

Skillie

OP
S
Tryin to get a digicam later and take pics of the designs i've come up with to see what people think before i take the plunge and settle on one. Has to be black and once on the car will be barely noticeable. Thats why the Porto one on fccuk didn't work had narrow weave silver mesh way to in your face. Might as well put those big scoops to use as well and take a cold air feed from there!!

Phil_D

RMS Regular
After seeing that Porto one on Fccuk with the 360 bumper i was SOO happy i did not go for it in the end , it looks great on Red ,Yellow and Green coupes but just not right on many others......... Deffo take a feed from down there or when you get a FMIC you can stick the filter down round there ;)

Skillie

OP
S
O ya gettin bonnet fully sprayed and debadged as well. Can't wait will deff look into makin my own grill as well while its off the road to see if i can match it to the 360 intakes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.