Gtechniq C2v3 for tractor?

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I have a couple of tractors which I would like to coat with something to stop ***** from sticking to them. The wheels and bodywork get quite difficult to maintain at slurry time but due to the surface area I would need something a bit more economical on the pocket than a ceramic coating.

I have noticed that Gtechniq C2v3 can be bought in 5 litre jars and was wondering what it would be like on its own? How meticulously clean does the paint surface need to be for it to work? Or are there any other hydrophobic products out there that might do my job?

The tractor is usually subjected to a hot wash from top to bottom with TFR which is great for removing oil and grease but not that effective against soil and slurry, slurry seems to bake into the paint especially on a windy day when it gets on with a fine mist and dries rapidly.. so I was wondering if something like C2v3 might be enough to provide a barrier so that it cant bond to the paint!

Last edited:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I know you've used quite a few of my products Rob - have you tried Lazer on the Slurry?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
gtechniq now have a bottle system which you attach to the hose which sprays an "easy coat" over the car instead of having to spray and wipe

Personally I would probably use Anachem products for your use

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Slurry is highly acidic so you need something highly resilient to that, that will resist the burn from it. I don't think any spray type sealant is going to be completely effective in that instance as the harshness of the chemicals to remove it will more than likely strip the bond.

You could go down the route of aerocoat, it would be pretty time consuming and you would be reapplying annually but it would be very effective!