Gtechniq easy coat £4.79

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Got 2 boxes of this myself. This might have been asked before. But how would this work with Hybrid.
Going to wash car today and usually finish with a dose of hybrid - should I replace that with this easy coat or ??

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Same here would like to know as above, mine arrived yesterday, car is ceramic coated with g technique

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Yup. Just spray it on during your final rinse, and then rinse again with normal water. If you’ve a DI vessel even better. I wouldn’t use anything on top personally.

I recently used mine for the first time on one of our cars which is coated and the difference it made was first class. Especially for under £5

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Mine literally just hit the doorstep. Applied a coat of Gyeon Wetcoat last weekend so not sure when to try this.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Seems I've hit a limit, amazon keep saying its not available when I try and order it on the deal. Even did it through prime and same keeps rejecting the order 😂. Will try it again next month or get someone elses amazon.

PaddyCvr

RMS Regular
Drives
Lancer/Mazda
Seems I've hit a limit, amazon keep saying its not available when I try and order it on the deal. Even did it through prime and same keeps rejecting the order 😂. Will try it again next month or get someone elses amazon.
Try adding another adult to your Household prime via Households or Mange Household . Once added you should be able to order a pile more :p

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Just ordered 2. Delivery for end of the month. Will have to see what all the fuss is about now.

Reactions: dub

Jonesy

RMS Regular
Same here and only ever ordered twice before. Once few months ago then once end of June

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Same here and only ever ordered twice before. Once few months ago then once end of June
I mind you saying about it. I ordered twice in quick consession unless that was it I don't know. I've two deliveries coming on the plus side.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Allowed me to order another two last night so seems a bit random.

As for technique I cleaned and rinsed the car then gave it a spray with demon shine, applied the gtechnic and then rinsed off with an open ended hose through the DI filter.

I also added 1/2 bottle to a 5l to pressure sprayer and soaked a dry car with it and then dried it off. Think hosing and DI is probably the best way to do it though.

I applied it to the Etron back in March. The car was new in October and I’ve never polished it or used anything bar some wash n wax or whatever’s lying in the shed. Still beads like a champ so presumably the ‘coating’ is still active in some capacity.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Never heard of this, and hadn’t spotted this thread before, but not 1 to miss out on a bargain so I’ve ordered 4.

As a rule how many washes does a bottle last?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Usually 2 but big car like the Cayenne took a full bottle. Jag got a full bottle too but swift and A4 took half each (it can’t go on the roof of the A4).

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Anyone get 3 months protection out of one coat/bottle? Or is that an unrealistic claim from Gtechniq?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
As above the Etron is still beading since application in March. No idea if that means it’s protected or not though!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

I was getting the same message yesterday but was looking something else today and thought I'd try again. Went through no problem there 2 mins ago. 4 more boxes making their way to me now.... Well sometime over the next few months anyway.

Jonesy

RMS Regular
I was getting the same message yesterday but was looking something else today and thought I'd try again. Went through no problem there 2 mins ago. 4 more boxes making their way to me now.... Well sometime over the next few months anyway.
Thanks for the heads up
Mines also just went through

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Didn't realise one bottle only done a normal sized car once . My order won't last long

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Didn't realise one bottle only done a normal sized car once . My order won't last long

I only used 1/2 a bottle on my E Class coupe which is a pretty big car. Gtechniq claim one bottle should do 2 normal sized cars and I'd say that's about right.