Gtechniq - Retailers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dartagnan

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi Q7
Are there any retailers who stock Gtechniq products in NI? (not Halfords). As I live in Bangor the closer the better and I'm interested in the Matt Dash protector and Tri Clean.
TIA

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I don’t know of any retailers but I get it from eBay straight to your door

dartagnan

RMS Regular
OP
dartagnan
Drives
Audi Q7
I don’t know of any retailers but I get it from eBay straight to your door
Thanks for the reply. I would normally do the same but I like to give some custom to smallish physical retailers providing the price difference isn't huge. I believe in "use it or lose it" and it all has unintended consequences such as job losses which then in themselves create further job losses etc etc.
Im not preaching as I have Amazon Prime so use the net quite a lot particularly for purchasing items that are not easily obtainable or where the physical retailer is digging their arm in.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
yeah certainly if there was a local retailer handy enough I’d use them but couldn’t find any.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
eBay. Like you I like supporting local shops but it’s just not worth the hassle, sadly. Amount of times I’ve drive somewhere to not get exactly what I want and offered a ‘close enough’ product instead, along with being overpriced.

dartagnan

RMS Regular
OP
dartagnan
Drives
Audi Q7
yeah certainly if there was a local retailer handy enough I’d use them but couldn’t find any.
Totally agree and I didn't want to be driving round aimlessly because then it really does become expensive hence my post :joy:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Have to say the c4 spray on stuff seems to be fairly good. I took the car out a 50 mile run and got caught out in rain, went to wash the car a few days later and it was spotless so never bothered.

dartagnan

RMS Regular
OP
dartagnan
Drives
Audi Q7
Have to say the c4 spray on stuff seems to be fairly good. I took the car out a 50 mile run and got caught out in rain, went to wash the car a few days later and it was spotless so never bothered.
I have the Ultra and Exo4 on mine courtesy of big Pete at PMG. He advised me to use C2 to maintain the coating so I already have that ready to go when the time comes :grinning:
Should you ever feel the need to wash a car and yours is spotless you are more than welcome to pop round and do mine :joy:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I have the Ultra and Exo4 on mine courtesy of big Pete at PMG. He advised me to use C2 to maintain the coating so I already have that ready to go when the time comes :grinning:
Should you ever feel the need to wash a car and yours is spotless you are more than welcome to pop round and do mine :joy:
What do you think of the gtechnic products.?? Any issues with them or they a good job .
I see Ryan at detailni in Bangor is sometimes using gtechnic for certain clients.maybe worth asking him if he has any you could buy from him if he has it in stock.if not he could possibly give you the best place to purchase .

dartagnan

RMS Regular
OP
dartagnan
Drives
Audi Q7
What do you think of the gtechnic products.?? Any issues with them or they a good job .
I see Ryan at detailni in Bangor is sometimes using gtechnic for certain clients.maybe worth asking him if he has any you could buy from him if he has it in stock.if not he could possibly give you the best place to purchase .
Thank you for the info re detailni
I absolutely love the gtechniq coatings. My car was new save for the drive back here from London. When I collected it from PMG it was like a different car from when I picked it up at the showroom. Its hard to describe but the paint just reflects everything and has a deep shine/gloss which is amazing to look at. When you touch the bodywork it feels so slick as if you were dipping your finger in a pot of oil. The beading is awesome and watching the rain flow off the bonnet when driving in the rain is great.
The car had its first wash the other day and it was so easy to do as the wash mitt just glided over the body. This is primarily the reason I had it done due to the fact that I have had some serious ill health and am no longer able to do all the usual washing techniques as I don't have the necessary energy or stamina that I once did. However had I know the difference it would make I wish I had all my previous cars done. 😀
I wholeheartedly recommend Pete at PMG as he has done a tremendous job on my car and is a pleasure to deal with. Just as important is the fact that his prices are very reasonable particularly when you consider what the process entails.

dartagnan

RMS Regular
OP
dartagnan
Drives
Audi Q7
I can order in anything you need and we always pass our discount on to the customer :grinning:

I usually do an order every Monday so can order them up if you like?
@big_pete That would be great. I will have a look on their site for correct details then send you a message with order details if that's ok?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Thank you for the info re detailni
I absolutely love the gtechniq coatings. My car was new save for the drive back here from London. When I collected it from PMG it was like a different car from when I picked it up at the showroom. Its hard to describe but the paint just reflects everything and has a deep shine/gloss which is amazing to look at. When you touch the bodywork it feels so slick as if you were dipping your finger in a pot of oil. The beading is awesome and watching the rain flow off the bonnet when driving in the rain is great.
The car had its first wash the other day and it was so easy to do as the wash mitt just glided over the body. This is primarily the reason I had it done due to the fact that I have had some serious ill health and am no longer able to do all the usual washing techniques as I don't have the necessary energy or stamina that I once did. However had I know the difference it would make I wish I had all my previous cars done. 😀
I wholeheartedly recommend Pete at PMG as he has done a tremendous job on my car and is a pleasure to deal with. Just as important is the fact that his prices are very reasonable particularly when you consider what the process entails.
That’s a fantastic write up ,glad your well pleased with your coating and as u say If it makes life easier for you then any amount of money is money well spent .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.