GTI Clubsport, M135i, A4 Avant, 320i Touring?

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
so the saga continues.... touched base with Agnews yesterday, still no date confirmed by the factory and it’s now looking mid August before delivery 😢

davyk31

RMS Regular
Can they swap you to an R as the lease costs don’t seem that much different and there might be stock cars about if you aren’t too set on specific options.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Can they swap you to an R as the lease costs don’t seem that much different and there might be stock cars about if you aren’t too set on specific options.

The R wasn’t on the list that I had to choose from, unfortunately it’s not just as easy as asking for a different car as it would need to go through all the departments within the company again.

Im not sure if the delay is because of some factory that supplies the VAG group electronic chia went up in smoke a few weeks ago

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Just been informed December handover now…. Agnews must be well down the pecking order as colleagues on the mainland getting orders no problem 😑

davyk31

RMS Regular
Order in Feb and handover in Dec is really taking the p***

Think I would be looking at something else by now as even Dec is no way guaranteed. When I got my ID.3 I was adamant to not factory order as I know how long VW lead times can be.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Just been informed December handover now…. Agnews must be well down the pecking order as colleagues on the mainland getting orders no problem 😑

Was chatting to the service manager today at Phillips due to the wife’s gti going in for a recall. He said trying to get motors at present is a nightmare but 2 guys have R’s ordered since may and they are due in a few weeks.

I personally wouldn’t go near Agnews.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
when i was looking at start of June they were talking minimum 16 week lead times for VW. Decided to opt for a M135i and its sitting in JKC today.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Starting to really like the m135i and I’m not a bmw fan. What colour etc did you go for?
Poverty spec in white. Only option I went for was privacy glass. Never had a beemer before and wanted the golf r mk8 just not convinced on the interior of them. The 135 is more akin to my taste…ie switches and comfy seats

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Poverty spec in white. Only option I went for was privacy glass. Never had a beemer before and wanted the golf r mk8 just not convinced on the interior of them. The 135 is more akin to my taste…ie switches and comfy seats

Very nice, I have to say we have the mk8 a few months now and I’m still not used to the buttons 😂 that’s the only downside I can give it. The seats and dash are fantastic.

davyk31

RMS Regular
My ID.3 has the no button interior with almost everything on the screen. To be honest in daily use it’s perfectly fine and I quickly have got used to it. Does take a few screen swipes or presses to do a few things you would think one button press would sort but that’s the way VW have designed it. The M135i is of course a very different car to the ID.3 and I’m sure Tim you will love it when you collect.