GTI Clubsport, M135i, A4 Avant, 320i Touring?

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
I would be very careful on your BIK thoughts as some of those cars will be very expensive if HMRC rule against you. Normally a car needs to be left at work premises to negate BiK. The fact your work is at home does help but they will need to be assured you do absolutely zero personal driving, not even a nip
To the shop! Regular travel to the same location can also have an perfect and cause issues. I would take good advice on it and not just what others are doing or saying, they maybe just havenā€™t been investigated yet. HMRC can give judgements on particular circumstances which would be well worth having on your file.
Only here to reiterate this, I'd be surprised if you can reasonably convince them of no personal use , especially when it's kept at home. (Even if home is also work )

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I'm really liking the new GTI clubsport, don't like the standard GTI.

Really looking forward to seeing one in the metal when you can actually go to a showroom again.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yep me too. Iā€™m very tempted by a Clubsport as itā€™s a bit of a no brainer to go for it rather than a standard Gti. Only way I would go for a standard Gti would be if they were a lot cheaper on say a 2 year lease where resale was someone elseā€™s issue.

Have an M135i as well so could be a double hot hatch garage lol.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
If BIK is not a consideration and it was to be used purely for commuting and much of that was M1 to Dublin, I'd be going for comfort and toys!

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Bit of an update... All being well a Clubsport in Moonstone Grey will be coming my way
Extras I managed to include within the budget were
- 19ā€ Alloys
- DCC Suspension
- Front and Rear winter pack
- Reversing Camera
- Harmon Kardon Sound

Filled in the build sheet and submitted it so should know in the next couple of days

davyk31

RMS Regular
Well done. That will be a lovely car with all the extra spec. Have they given any indication of Delivery time as I was told factory CS orders are 22 weeks! There are plenty in stock with dealers but none with 19s it seems.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Well done. That will be a lovely car with all the extra spec. Have they given any indication of Delivery time as I was told factory CS orders are 22 weeks! There are plenty in stock with dealers but none with 19s it seems.

The build sheet was done through our car supplier (Arval), so will expect some sort of call this week, if itā€™s 22weeks or more I may go back to the drawing board.

I was watching a video comparing the GTI and the Clubsport and apparently the arches are slightly more flared if you order it with the 19s..... correction watched the video again and it the arch extender thatā€™s fitted for the 19s for the dirt

Last edited:

davyk31

RMS Regular
It isnā€™t that the arches are any different, there are small plastic extensions screwed on. The extensions donā€™t look great to be honest but any cars from the factory with 19s will have them. Wonā€™t stop plenty of people fitting 19 aftermarket wheels without the extensions.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
So a bit of an update.... order taking longer to confirm than first thought. šŸ˜’

Arval used their normal VW contacts in England but then seen the delivery had to be to NI dealers didnā€™t want the hassle so apparently a new quote being raised with Agnews at the moment šŸ™„

davyk31

RMS Regular
Agnewā€™s were very dear on the quotes I got recently. Some of the other local dealers were keener and for leasing Fleet Financial werenā€™t far off with their quote coming from Agnewā€™s.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Wouldnā€™t go near Agnews for a wheel bolt. They are terrible, try Philips aswell.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Agnews at Mallusk were very good for me, Iā€™ve had no problems with them.

My car was a good price, I had a few niggles with it but they were sorted out very quickly without any problems on their side.

The workshop manager is a friend of my brothers, which gives me a bit more confidence when leaving my car with them.

But touch wood, it hasnā€™t given me many problems, in fact much fewer than my BMWs, Audiā€™s and Mercedes did.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Iā€™ve been having a good look on Auto Trader etc and from what Iā€™ve seen the Clubsport Iā€™ve ordered will need to be built before delivery as any for sale at the moment donā€™t seem to have any optional extras..... Iā€™ll hopefully know something by middle of this coming week.

In a way Iā€™m sort of glad the car is coming from a dealer over here as if there are any problems with the order at least they are on my doorstep!

davyk31

RMS Regular
Adding a few options does likely mean a factory order but most dealers will have pipeline cars for which the spec can be changed. That may mean a 6 to 8 week delivery rather than the 20 week fresh order period.

What wheels are you going for? The standard 18ā€ are pretty awful but for the upgrade cost you could nearly buy a set of 19s after delivery and then have them to sell once you send the car back.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Adding a few options does likely mean a factory order but most dealers will have pipeline cars for which the spec can be changed. That may mean a 6 to 8 week delivery rather than the 20 week fresh order period.

What wheels are you going for? The standard 18ā€ are pretty awful but for the upgrade cost you could nearly buy a set of 19s after delivery and then have them to sell once you send the car back.

Iā€™ve went for the 19ā€ Adelaide alloys, those were the only wheel upgrade I had the choice off although I now see there are x2 upgrade choices on VW website.

The car is a company car so took the upgrades that ticked my boxes which still kept me slightly under budget.... all Ā£99.99 šŸ˜†

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yes there are 2 19ā€ options now but on some lease sites it only gives Adelaide as an option. They look grand so will be fine, so long as itā€™s not the 18s. It almost as if VW made the 18s awful to force everyone to spend more lol.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Confirmed yesterday.... last week of July before delivery šŸ˜’

davyk31

RMS Regular
Crazy long time but VW have been doing that for the last few years. There are loads of new Clubsports at dealers unsold but most are standard cars with maybe just metallic paint.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
VW at boucher have one in the showroom, but as you say completely standard and not in a great colour.

The standard alloys are just terrible, I don't know what VW were thinking.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Agnes I think had 6 when I was enquiring 3 or 4 weeks ago. All on the awful 18ā€ wheels but always an option to buy on the 18s and then buy a set of 19s to use. That way you have the 19s to sell when you sell the car.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Agnes I think had 6 when I was enquiring 3 or 4 weeks ago. All on the awful 18ā€ wheels but always an option to buy on the 18s and then buy a set of 19s to use. That way you have the 19s to sell when you sell the car.
If you were to sell the car privately you would need to keep the 19s on it unless Stevie wonder was for buying it šŸ™ˆ

davyk31

RMS Regular
The poster is leasing the car so it will be returned back on its original 18ā€ wheels if it was delivered on those.