GTS Panther kitcar

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
OP
PaulYDP
Drives
R1 Turbo
Cheers guys. Once the engine is built I’ll find plenty of time to use it and hopefully compete with it as well! Just hope I can get it out at some stage this year while weather is still half decent.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
OP
PaulYDP
Drives
R1 Turbo
So no further on with the engine build but decided to take it out for my first spin last night running on actuator pressure only and not taking it past 9k for safety - still felt class and was nice to have it out! Think the only thing I've really done since the last time is make and fit a new rear diffuser which you can see in this short video I made.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
OP
PaulYDP
Drives
R1 Turbo
Ha, the reason for the rubbish music is the wind noise in the GoPro Hero 8 as standard is ridiculous and you'd be no better off without the music!

I'll fire a clip together but it sounds horrible and looks slow...

9k is childs play, >12k is where it's at but that'll have to wait!

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
OP
PaulYDP
Drives
R1 Turbo
So there's been zero progress on the car this past month, same old story - just waiting on engine components to get the engine built. I have however taken it out for a few short runs to make the most of the nice weather we've had recently.

I also managed to get a media mod for the hero8 so I could run an external mic. Might need to do some playing with mic placement but here's a short clip to give a better idea of how it sounds without so much wind noise!

Also a few snaps just because!

IMG_9137.JPG

IMG_9157.JPG

zafturbo

RMS Regular
So there's been zero progress on the car this past month, same old story - just waiting on engine components to get the engine built. I have however taken it out for a few short runs to make the most of the nice weather we've had recently.

I also managed to get a media mod for the hero8 so I could run an external mic. Might need to do some playing with mic placement but here's a short clip to give a better idea of how it sounds without so much wind noise!

View attachment 296164

View attachment 296165

I know that old site well,are you near home when near there ,obviously not saying where lol.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
OP
PaulYDP
Drives
R1 Turbo
That goes well Paul!!

Goes not too bad Iain, boost capped at 5psi and short shifting at around 10k to keep things safe but still feels quick. Can’t wait to get the boost cranked up and see how it goes then!

I know that old site well,are you near home when near there ,obviously not saying where lol.

If you’re talking about second photo/video then yeah only on up the road a bit from it!

• Love
Reactions: IL

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
OP
PaulYDP
Drives
R1 Turbo
Such a cool looking thing. Great colour for it I think.

Cheers @EF Ian it took me a long time to decide on the colour but glad I went for this one!

Good timing with your post as I finally have an engine update... components were due in the country yesterday! Have been speaking with Jack at Holeshot and he’s low on space to have the car down there at the minute so we agreed I’d pull the engine out and drop it down to him so he can get on with building it then when it’s done I’ll drop the car down for him to set up on the rollers etc. So this evening I started stripping, only got a couple of hours at it but it’s almost ready to come out and plan is to get it left down by the end of the week.

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Cheers @EF Ian it took me a long time to decide on the colour but glad I went for this one!

Good timing with your post as I finally have an engine update... components were due in the country yesterday! Have been speaking with Jack at Holeshot and he’s low on space to have the car down there at the minute so we agreed I’d pull the engine out and drop it down to him so he can get on with building it then when it’s done I’ll drop the car down for him to set up on the rollers etc. So this evening I started stripping, only got a couple of hours at it but it’s almost ready to come out and plan is to get it left down by the end of the week.

unreal man. Maybe we can do some tandem turbo drifting at Christmas! Lol

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
OP
PaulYDP
Drives
R1 Turbo
Stage 1 of the heart surgery is complete. Engine is now out! Heavy enough lift on my own but got it up and out. One advantage of the bike engine though, wouldn’t be lifting a car engine and gearbox out by hand!

392946CC-7BE6-4DD5-B41F-4061541CEB92.jpeg
5EDA0218-EB91-4C43-AFD0-9EA19539BE57.jpeg
6AA67E9F-8FA1-4AD2-8FFF-3DB93E850933.jpeg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)

View attachment 296164

View attachment 296165

That video just looks like an absolute hoot ... would love a run out in this and @slickcell 's .... awesome