Guards red 987 Boxster

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Black wheels ruin everything.

Usually I’d agree, but with the black roof and the intake vents are going black, I think the wheels would tie it all together. They’re going gunmetal though as it’s not mine to choose :grinning:

Reactions: DC.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Silver wheels for me ... looks so fresh. The black wheels are too harsh, sorry bud :worried:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
If it was for me I’d agree tbh but she wants them gunmetal, always good to have different colours of wheels though :grinning:

Nice to have a variety I suppose ... are they black or gunmetal in that pic ... my eyes are sh1te these days lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
100% Silver

Lobsters would have been ideal

oh go on then :p

image-jpg.77328

fb_img_1424080406995-jpg.77226

My word I miss that car :worried:

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Nice to have a variety I suppose ... are they black or gunmetal in that pic ... my eyes are sh1te these days lol

They’re currently black, not in bad condition but getting refurbed anyway :grinning:

100% Silver

Lobsters would have been ideal

oh go on then :p

image-jpg.77328

fb_img_1424080406995-jpg.77226

My word I miss that car :worried:

Lobsters look great but this is a daily, so staying 18s and they’re expensive enough in Michelin form!

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
The guy who 3D printed the de-snorkel grille made me up a couple of drain hole covers, they get clogged up with leaves and rubbish and over flows and runs into the floor where the ecu is etc, so an easy preventative mod
ABA27BA8-1A32-4286-AD1F-A287D70F0670.jpeg

82ADA374-B3FF-4A40-806A-F0787F1C31DC.jpeg

Stuck the other wheels on to make sure they’re ok
75A7A089-15A0-4B01-B5BD-1FC656D66EA9.jpeg

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
I like the black on red. Do they look a little lost though? Like maybe needs more offset and to come out more ?

Redye on the roof might help bring out the wheels ? Cheap job some soft top dye?

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I like the black on red. Do they look a little lost though? Like maybe needs more offset and to come out more ?

Redye on the roof might help bring out the wheels ? Cheap job some soft top dye?

Roof is on the to-do list, it doesn’t need re-dyed, it’s wet in that pic, just washed, needs treated/rejuvenated as water just soaks into it, it’ll get done when the snow/ice hits and it’s not being used, realistically over Christmas!
There is a set of 10mm spacers for when the wheels get refurbed which might help, 19s would look so much better but as it’s her daily it’s just more sensible to stick with 18s, maybe next year if a set of cheap lobster claws appear……..:joy: This car needs to stay sensible though, if it was mine it would be lowered with 19s already!

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Roof is on the to-do list, it doesn’t need re-dyed, it’s wet in that pic, just washed, needs treated/rejuvenated as water just soaks into it, it’ll get done when the snow/ice hits and it’s not being used, realistically over Christmas!
There is a set of 10mm spacers for when the wheels get refurbed which might help, 19s would look so much better but as it’s her daily it’s just more sensible to stick with 18s, maybe next year if a set of cheap lobster claws appear……..:joy: This car needs to stay sensible though, if it was mine it would be lowered with 19s already!
Sure - I know what you mean. My old s2000 wheels sat in and I just kept it like that for driveability. Guess just depends what your after.

Like yours it was red with black hard top. I was dying for larger black Rims. But just stuck with the Weasley silver 16s !
Sure - I know what you mean. My old s2000 wheels sat in and I just kept it like that for driveability. Guess just depends what your after.

Like yours it was red with black soft top. I was dying for larger black Rims. But just stuck with the Weasley silver 16s !

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Just fitted a set of those 200% Osram bulbs to my new Berlingo, they’re amazing compared to standard.

Still a yellow hint from them, but much better. Cool Blue Intense Osram are a nice white despite the “blue” name, but they are nowhere near as bright as the Night Breaker 200%.

Car is looking good, but I still maintain it needs silver wheels 👴🏻

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Just fitted a set of those 200% Osram bulbs to my new Berlingo, they’re amazing compared to standard.

Still a yellow hint from them, but much better. Cool Blue Intense Osram are a nice white despite the “blue” name, but they are nowhere near as bright as the Night Breaker 200%.

Car is looking good, but I still maintain it needs silver wheels 👴🏻

Good to hear you like them, the Boxster forum is really down on night breakers but were recommended by sports and spares so took them. She says the originals were ‘dangerous’ I didn’t think they were bad at all, but much like the colour of the wheels my opinion doesn’t mean much :joy::joy::no_mouth::triumph:

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Good to hear you like them, the Boxster forum is really down on night breakers but were recommended by sports and spares so took them. She says the originals were ‘dangerous’ I didn’t think they were bad at all, but much like the colour of the wheels my opinion doesn’t mean much :joy::joy::no_mouth::triumph:
Tbf the dip lights on the 987 Cayman I had were the worst I’ve ever seen, was genuinely terrifying at times 😂

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
Yes, std bulbs aren’t great, deffo worth an upgrade. I replaced the amber (with silver) indicator bulbs at the same, cleaned the front and back up a little