Guards red 987 Boxster

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
@MarkM well mate how she getting on with the new bulbs, i have sold my wifes car and she is using mine daily now thinking of upgrading the bulbs and also doing the number lights too as one of mine i mean now hers has blown

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
@MarkM well mate how she getting on with the new bulbs, i have sold my wifes car and she is using mine daily now thinking of upgrading the bulbs and also doing the number lights too as one of mine i mean now hers has blown

I’ve not seen for myself but they’re ‘definitely better but not great’ apparently, mind you they’re being compared with Xenons so will never win lol I’ve a feeling the yellow hue is the problem really, which I can’t do anything about lol

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Scrubbed and treated the top, thankfully seems to be in good nick, nice and tight too
50EE397F-5240-4C9B-A663-3A0F386AF0E3.jpeg

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
What did you use Mark? I used Renovo before with good results, makes a big difference.

I had Autoglym stuff from when we had the Smart, comes with cleaner, scrubber sponge and then the final top coat, rain beaded and it lasted well on the smart so we’ll see how it goes.
It was generally in good shape, a couple of rubber stopper marks you can see towards the rear as we suspect the car was in storage with the top down for some time, much improved but not fully dry yet!

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
very nice what one you go for? i put a toyo one on a 986 i had a few years ago and allow it sounded great going through the gears it was sitting on the motorway that done my head in :joy:

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
very nice what one you go for? i put a toyo one on a 986 i had a few years ago and allow it sounded great going through the gears it was sitting on the motorway that done my head in :joy:

Yeah it’s a Toyosport, eBay 20% off the other night was too good to miss, noise shouldn’t be an issue, she used to daily a Decated Evo V, some complain about the drone, some don’t mind it, we’ll see! I was going to get an exhaust mod done but thought this was worth a go at similar money, it can be sold on if horrific.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Have one here sitting to be fitted
some complain about the drone, some don’t mind it,
For people that are used to loud cars I think that is the sweet spot haha

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Randoms as I was in the garage building shelving and tidying, pork still needs a coat or two of wax after it’s buffing session, exhaust to go on too when the weather’s better, I live at the top of a mile long hill, it would get down, but……:joy::no_mouth::confounded: Freelander weather for Emma :grinning:

A773CDE7-1F22-4D02-A808-3324FBDBBECC.jpeg

20E3423E-E5D1-4D6E-BA17-301B0D98EC39.jpeg

44C7B5D3-E451-42A3-8F96-E35DA7005172.jpeg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
That garage is great! What size is it?

Both cars looking great. 😍

Thanks!
It’s 9m x 6m and wish I’d gone a couple of metres wider, was always conscious of not making an eyesore though!
0388D019-7299-4409-8202-654744235562.jpeg

Do you leave the Blo in place up there and have a longer hose?

Love that set up

Yes the hose is on a shelf, anything I can do to make washing/drying less of a chore really :grinning: Even drying the M4 outside, hose is long enough to walk right round it without a faff

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
Ive seen this one floating around Belfast. Looks lovely!! Hope to hear the new exhaust

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Ive seen this one floating around Belfast. Looks lovely!! Hope to hear the new exhaust

Still loving yours?
Just left it over to AH in Antrim to have the exhaust fitted, Emma can’t wait to hear it!
Breaks my heart to have it out in that weather before I’m finished properly cleaning it but he had time tomorrow so it had to go.
Odd pics as it was getting dark but doesn’t look it, you can see the light from the plate lamps on the ground!
CDD65D98-D2BC-46E0-891F-BCDC5D2ACF77.jpeg

ABBBF5DC-AC44-4CE8-9B18-1A69C8FF2742.jpeg

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Still loving yours?
Just left it over to AH in Antrim to have the exhaust fitted, Emma can’t wait to hear it!
Breaks my heart to have it out in that weather before I’m finished properly cleaning it but he had time tomorrow so it had to go.
Odd pics as it was getting dark but doesn’t look it, you can see the light from the plate lamps on the ground!
View attachment 346508
View attachment 346509

Some spacers and a bit of a drop would work wonders there, I don't think those wheels are doing the car any justice. Are those your winter wheels?

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Some spacers and a bit of a drop would work wonders there, I don't think those wheels are doing the car any justice. Are those your winter wheels?

Drop won’t be happening but really would look great, the nose overhang has already been an issue lol, spacers here to fit! Emma likes the wheels and wants them refurbed and just kept on, I’d have them silver, I’m not a fan in black myself but as said, not my car, I just look after it :p

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Drop won’t be happening but really would look great, the nose overhang has already been an issue lol, spacers here to fit! Emma likes the wheels and wants them refurbed and just kept on, I’d have them silver, I’m not a fan in black myself but as said, not my car, I just look after it :p

Really? Mine has as 20mm drop on the SPASM and its only an issue on really high speed humps. So I just avoid those.