Guards red 987 Boxster

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Still loving yours?
Just left it over to AH in Antrim to have the exhaust fitted, Emma can’t wait to hear it!
Breaks my heart to have it out in that weather before I’m finished properly cleaning it but he had time tomorrow so it had to go.
Odd pics as it was getting dark but doesn’t look it, you can see the light from the plate lamps on the ground!
View attachment 346508
View attachment 346509
Fitted a toyo sport on to my old 986 at the weekend and it sounds unreal imo so you should be in for a treat!

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
Still loving yours?
Just left it over to AH in Antrim to have the exhaust fitted, Emma can’t wait to hear it!
Breaks my heart to have it out in that weather before I’m finished properly cleaning it but he had time tomorrow so it had to go.
Odd pics as it was getting dark but doesn’t look it, you can see the light from the plate lamps on the ground!
View attachment 346508
View attachment 346509
Yea still enjoying! Id love to take the jump up to a 911 but with a house purchase looming I will have to put any car plans on hold. Though the 981 is a nice thing to be stuck with

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
0ABC218B-036F-470F-9660-AAD001EF1C87.jpeg

F8F35E5A-1612-48A3-A295-0F47FB824305.jpeg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Static revs, the Boxster forum is full of unhappy people who bought this exhaust, too loud, too droney they say, snowflakes the lot of them lolol If it was mine it would be louder!

Transforms the whole driving experience of them, standard they sound class way up the revs but the gears are that long you don't hear it that much bar when your really going for it, just brings the noise down a few thousand revs.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Transforms the whole driving experience of them, standard they sound class way up the revs but the gears are that long you don't hear it that much bar when your really going for it, just brings the noise down a few thousand revs.

The thing I’m relieved about is that point about 3k where it starts to go…. Whaaaaaaaaaa, it’s got the same tone just louder :p:laughing:

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Oh dear, the dreaded soaking passenger side carpet, dreaded as under that seat is where the ECU is. Seat out and pulled the carpet back, absolutely soaking, the foam was saturated. Cleaned out all 8 drain holes, 4 front and 4 rear, nothing obvious found but fingers crossed.
Water didn’t make it to the ecu thankfully!
84689897-2BC9-4B3A-8651-6542F6749510.jpeg

515C2AA8-C1F3-471B-9141-D9A277A2EC1B.jpeg

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I finally had time to get to the bottom of the water leak. The membrane/tray that covers the entire underneath of the roof section was dislodged at the main hinge just above the seat belt reel.

The plastic membrane is in the correct position in the pic, it wasn’t under the bodywork so water was just streaming past it, hopefully helps someone else without a huge bill!

Rain due tonight/tomorrow so fingers crossed :grinning:
3C11E3F4-90CD-468D-93D5-6EF6D1E40366.jpeg

5E4BB18F-E9FD-49D4-9C53-3B55C61AAF91.jpeg

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
@MarkM just seeing your original post about the leak, i had the same thing happen on mine a few weeks ago drivers side, thought it was coming through the door seal as the bottom of the carpet was damp on the door card.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
@MarkM just seeing your original post about the leak, i had the same thing happen on mine a few weeks ago drivers side, thought it was coming through the door seal as the bottom of the carpet was damp on the door card.

The door membrane and blocked drains seem to be the more common ones, looks like I got lucky as this was really obvious, water streaming in, overnight rain will tell though!
Is yours sorted Jim?