Guy Martin Withdraws From Cookstown

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
It won't matter as you say people will be wanting to see some racing, Cookstown last year was a good day even with the weather. I just meant it would have been good to try and get the likes of Lee Johnston and others over to a national road race whereas now most of the top boys will go to Scarborough

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Agree with you there, they should be doing their best to avoid clashes that affect entry lists.
Can’t imagine any road racing event is in a good position financially at the minute.
Was listening to a Barry Hearn podcast last week and thinking he’d be a good man at revitalising the roads scene.
It badly needs some sort of unification across events and proper coverage deal/sponsorship to get cash flow rolling in proper.
Such a shame to see events like the UGP on the brink of extinction. We’lol not know what we had u til it’s gone

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
The UGP is a sore one definitely, I think there are serious questions to be asked/answered about where the money has gone. I know there are massive costs involved but certain people staying in the Europa for race week when they live close to the course doesn't make much sense to me.

There was talk about trying to get the clubs together and get some sort of taskforce set up but it never came to anything as far as I know. If you could get ex riders involved and some new blood in it would be ideal but as with alot of sport in this country there seems to be an old guard that benefit and don't want new people, I see there are questions being asked about finances within the Ulster Centre as well now.

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
I don't think we'll ever find out, absolute disgrace given the history and heritage of the race and it isn't looking like coming back any time soon

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
@big-lew18 You seem to be taking what I've said as a criticism mate and it really isn't. I said it isn't looking like it will come back but I sincerely hope it does.

I just stated my opinion based on the total and utter lack of communication from any of the socials etc., and given the uncertainty as a whole in this country around sports and other events given current circumstances and lack of funding/sponsorship availability so it isn't looking good if there is a large deficit in the accounts.

If I become a member again (my dad and I were members but I lost touch/interest with road racing for a long time until a couple of years ago due to other circumstances), will members be privy to financial information explaining what is going on?

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
@big-lew18 You seem to be taking what I've said as a criticism mate and it really isn't. I said it isn't looking like it will come back but I sincerely hope it does.

I just stated my opinion based on the total and utter lack of communication from any of the socials etc., and given the uncertainty as a whole in this country around sports and other events given current circumstances and lack of funding/sponsorship availability so it isn't looking good if there is a large deficit in the accounts.

If I become a member again (my dad and I were members but I lost touch/interest with road racing for a long time until a couple of years ago due to other circumstances), will members be privy to financial information explaining what is going on?

Members weren't privy for a long time, but now its too late, yes you can