Guy Martin's in China

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Love his programs.

Thats some dam, and destroyed so many city's, towns and villages when flooding the valley.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
The sheer scale of that stuff is hard to get your head around.
Must be unbelievable to see in person, especially that boat lift, I've seen the Falkirk wheel, it's a decent size, that one in China lifted the boot 40 stories high lol.

Was on/in a dam on the ohio river and it was just over 3/4 of a mile long and and huge lock gates for barges, it felt pretty big nevermind that one.

i love the cheeky bits where he just wandered off when he wasn't supposed to.

seems like such a nice fella

Aye the government "help" wasn't too impressed lol

I'd say you could chat to him for ages about all sorts.

micko

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 / E30 320i
Anyone watch this last night?

Lad is a legend! He was attempting to break the record for the fastest crossing of the Taklamakan Desert on a bike - 341 miles along the world's longest desert highway

Rolls up in his knackered single-speed old bike that he rides to work on everyday and rides more or less non-stop - beats the record by something like 19hrs!!

Worth a watch.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Liked the old battered bike but why fixed gearing?
Unnecessary hardship - think he realized that himself...

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Liked the old battered bike but why fixed gearing?
Unnecessary hardship - think he realized that himself...

Very little maintenance required so saves trying to carry loads of tools / spares with him.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Does it really though? Even a 5 speed on the back would have made a huge difference for the sake of an allen key!

Apis

RMS Regular
OP
Apis
Drives
various
And he had some friends in a car to carry his tools anyway.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
He kept walking tho,never stop going forward he said. Would like to see him do scrapheap challege on channel 4,it was a great show

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Been watching it myself, love how the littlest thing amuses him lol the sheer size of China is amazing, 4 hours on a plane from one side of China to the other.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
I heard china's making a full scale Titanic for a theme park. Amazing place.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
He set off at 5am this morning to ride 4803 miles around England, Scotland and Wales. He needs to 250 miles a day to break the record which stands at 22 days.

He is aiming for 18 days.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
you have to wonder why he has chosen this time of year to attempt it, he must have a fully booked 2017.

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Apparently it was the only time he could get off to do it. Agreed though, wouldn't fancy attempting it in June never mind December!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.