H22 Ek Civic

civic_tom

RMS Regular
Hey guys, I’ve had this on the road now for a couple months so figured I’d throw a thread up. Also just realised how few pictures and videos I’ve actually taken of it so far, so need to get my finger out and keep this thread updated as the build continues!

Spec (* - updated 13/07/19):

1996 ej9 civic - 90k miles

01’ H22a8 engine swap
U2Q7 ATR Gearbox
Hasport H22 conversion engine mounts
Driveshaft Shop H22 conversion driveshafts
4” Blox Filter/Velocity Stack
4” air intake pipe
Skunk2 70mm Throttle Body
ATR intake manifold - ported to 70mm
SolidFabrications 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
SolidFabrications 3” exhaust system
Mapped by AP Performance with Neptune - 229bhp/180ft-lb

MFactory 4.64 final drive*
Fidanza 3.6kg Flywheel
Exedy OEM spec clutch
ATR 300mm front disc converison
ATR twin pot front Calliper conversion
Braided brake lines
EK4 rear disc conversion
Spax RSX coilovers
16” Rota Grids
205/45 R16 Toyo Proxes T1-R

96E5759E-9A4F-43D4-A08E-B7D5D232CE14.jpeg

88836ECA-CFEE-4D16-BE2F-23B5B3104AF5.jpeg
0F4A5497-3AD1-4730-83FA-72339107B7D2.jpeg

Last edited:

civic_tom

RMS Regular
OP
civic_tom
The gearing in the ATR box is a bit long in comparison to most B or K series boxes, primarily because of the 4.266 final drive they came fitted with from the factory. To combat this I recently ordered this 4.64 item from M Factory. The car is currently away getting it fitted and should hopefully be back by the end of the week. It’s generally regarded as one of the best modifications you can do to an Accord/Prelude/H swapped car so really looking forward to getting a rip in it once it’s back!

1BFCD8DC-AE61-4885-87F4-3E870656AF12.jpeg

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Oh yes very nice, I always loved my Atr and the h series engine. Makes a nice sound. I'm sure this goes rightly.

civic_tom

RMS Regular
OP
civic_tom
Great figures, must be a flyer!
Oh yes very nice, I always loved my Atr and the h series engine. Makes a nice sound. I'm sure this goes rightly.

Thanks guys! Yeah it goes pretty well in the light Ek chassis. VTEC engages at 4400 and pulls to 8000 so there’s a really nice power band. The low down torque of the H22 means you get to 4400 very quickly in any gear so it’s a lot of fun to drive.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
EKs are one of my all time favourites. I'm sure she goes rightly with the H22. Love the colour! (y)

civic_tom

RMS Regular
OP
civic_tom
Lovely.
Both my H22’s one in an eg chassis and one in a prelude both benefited from a light flywheel helped them rev and feel like a B series.
Subscribed

Thanks mate! Sorry I forgot to add to the spec above that it’s running a 3.6kg Fidanza flywheel! Totally agree, I was very surprised at how much more freely it rev’s with it fitted!

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Class mate! They’re some fun with the H22 thrown in aren’t they!😎 Did you have much done to yours? That’s a serious looking brake set up on the front!:imp:

There was a fair bit done tbh. At the time I had a lot of resources available to me and a lot of contacts which allowed for some seriously expensive equipment to go into it (on long term loan/test) without me having to spend a fortune.
It was a competition car that was being used daily, not comfortable, but a LOT of fun.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Oh my! She’s beautiful!

That must be great craic to drive! If that was mine I’d be grinning every time I took it out.

civic_tom

RMS Regular
OP
civic_tom
There was a fair bit done tbh. At the time I had a lot of resources available to me and a lot of contacts which allowed for some seriously expensive equipment to go into it (on long term loan/test) without me having to spend a fortune.
It was a competition car that was being used daily, not comfortable, but a LOT of fun.

That’s class mate, it’s certainly not a cheap hobby building them right!:laughing:

civic_tom

RMS Regular
OP
civic_tom
Oh my! She’s beautiful!

That must be great craic to drive! If that was mine I’d be grinning every time I took it out.

Thanks mate! Yeah that’s exactly what it does haha. Lots of fun to take out for a blast.

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Awesome car.

An EK Civic was my first car and I wanted to do the H22 swap at the time.

Who done the engine swap for you?