H22 Ek Civic

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Not yet but if the right one came up for a realistic price then id snap it up. Some dreamers out there looking 3.5/4k with massive mileage and the usual 'surface rust' on the back arches.

I have them on my radar too, ideally after an eg but there’s just none. It’s a toss up between a vti, another 172 or maybe even an ep3 Type r. Anyway I’ll not clutter the thread any further, I really love this H22 ek it looks like great craic and a right sleeper:cool:

civic_tom

RMS Regular
OP
civic_tom
I have them on my radar too, ideally after an eg but there’s just none. It’s a toss up between a vti, another 172 or maybe even an ep3 Type r. Anyway I’ll not clutter the thread any further, I really love this H22 ek it looks like great craic and a right sleeper:cool:

Thanks mate!(y) Yeah it’s caught a couple unsuspecting folk by surprise lol The H22 definitely knocks it up a couple levels in what it can hang with.

civic_tom

RMS Regular
OP
civic_tom
Quick snap of the Ek prior to heading back to AP Performance next week for some Ecu tweaking to suit the new intake manifold (Fully ported Prelude p13).

Will post up results vs the current Accord Type R intake.

2BB1CA22-3650-4688-8BFD-7483FCD32EA2.jpeg

civic_tom

RMS Regular
OP
civic_tom
So, as mentioned above, I took the car down to AP Performance in Galway this weekend to have it mapped.

Came out with 231.7bhp and running smoother than it ever has, even compared to the previous map.

Didn’t see the bhp gains that the likes of Bad Guys in the States have reported from the ported out Prelude intake manifold, but it’s an experiment I’ve wanted to run for a while so that’s my curiosity satisfied.

Its also by far the longest journey I’ve drove in the car since all the work has been done, a 350 mile round trip, along with a lot of abuse on the dyno in between. Happy to say it never skipped a beat!

83CBAC33-7B21-4F98-9002-D6B55F4C9060.jpeg

And well, because it’d be rude not to....