Haldex Oil - G055175A2 or Equivalent

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Prices vary all over the show so where is best to get for best price or decent equivalent?

Thanks

Sham1

RMS Regular
Always found vw as competitive as the motor factors.
Same with engine oil and filter.
Don’t go by the prices on eBay, call your local dealer for a price. EBay has always been more expensive.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I got a litre from the local factors for the freelander, wasn't dear at all.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Thanks everyone - servicing of my haldex is regular due to the blockages they can suffer but I have a feeling it isn't engaging so want to get it serviced ASAP

Would love to get it on a ramp to see if it kicks in when put in D to put my mind at ease in the mean time

Sham1

RMS Regular
Do the wheels spin when you take off sharp in the wet? If they don’t it’s working. If it isn’t working there will normally be a fault code logged.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Do the wheels spin when you take off sharp in the wet? If they don’t it’s working. If it isn’t working there will normally be a fault code logged.

Yeah wheel spin with minimal effort plus from the research I have done, majority of the time a fault doesn't come up unless there is an issue with the control module

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Most decent motor factors will do the Febi Bilstein equivalent to the OE fluid.

Just ask them to cross reference the VAG part number to be sure you’re getting the right one.

Sham1

RMS Regular
Yeah wheel spin with minimal effort plus from the research I have done, majority of the time a fault doesn't come up unless there is an issue with the control module
If it’s spinning wheels it ain’t working. You don’t have any abs lights or anything else on, as this will prevent it from working. Would be surprised if there wasn’t a code logged tbh.
Only ever had one fault with a tiguan, can’t remember exactly but it was something to do with the haldex clutch pressure I think. The motor didn’t run. Took it apart, cleaned the commutator and away it went. There were no lights on the dash by the way.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
If it’s spinning wheels it ain’t working. You don’t have any abs lights or anything else on, as this will prevent it from working. Would be surprised if there wasn’t a code logged tbh.
Only ever had one fault with a tiguan, can’t remember exactly but it was something to do with the haldex clutch pressure I think. The motor didn’t run. Took it apart, cleaned the commutator and away it went. There were no lights on the dash by the way.

This is the most recent scan on the engine (all soft codes) and there was nothing elsewhere relating to the haldex/clutch

Will scan again this weekend to check but getting quotes for service of the haldex to check the pump anyway

1708702640161.png

Sham1

RMS Regular
Code will be in the awd module I think. Can’t remember. With VCDS you can run the pump manually so try it with your code reader. You will hear it working and can record pressures etc. if you enable it and it doesn’t run, hit it a light tap with the handle of a screwdriver and it might kick in.
Have u a manual car,how did you get the over speed error?

Sham1

RMS Regular
Drove a mk7 golf r for three years and never seen any codes like that, but it was standard. I was thinking over speed was only possible on a manual, ie hit 2nd instead of 4th when dropping from 5th or something. The dsg normally protects against stuff Like that. U can drive on the rev limiter of course if you wish, but that still wouldn’t give an over speed error as the limiter would prevent it, unless the limiter has been removed with the map😀.

That site is quite good, and explains the various parts well. Have fun

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yes my fee is the same 😂

Im at the workshop tomorrow ‘deleting’ the balance shafts on the GTI on the lift. Don’t know what time I’ll be finished but if you PM me your number I could give you a 30 minute advance notice text? Likely be in / around lunch time provided I don’t knacker something (50:50 chance).