Halfords Advanced Tools

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Balls! Unpacked the chest and it’s dented :mad:
Have to repack it and get it back down to them to swap it over. Total ballache

E22BA8D3-9EF6-4BFD-8D74-D4D0DE2D2C07.jpeg
20DCED8F-727B-4F83-B0DC-3B31AF041E24.jpeg
37DB5363-C421-457A-8772-582C80CD330D.jpeg

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Don't even think about taking them out of the shop before you check them. The shop assistants will suck air through their teeth and roll the eyes at lifting them out of the box but there's a high chance they will have a dent. I checked two different ones when I bought mine and none were dent free. I accepted the best one with a tiny dent on the back, just to get my box and get out of there.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Don't even think about taking them out of the shop before you check them. The shop assistants will suck air through their teeth and roll the eyes at lifting them out of the box but there's a high chance they will have a dent. I checked two different ones when I bought mine and none were dent free. I accepted the best one with a tiny dent on the back, just to get my box and get out of there.

Crisis averted. There was another in stock so got my neighbour to give me a lift into the car with the old one and swapped it out. No dents (y) All put together

D827F8C2-F2C9-48DD-A0FD-EE81D4661FD7.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Filled my empty trays with the bits from the 200 piece set. The empty trays come in a 3 piece set so take up 3 drawers which isn’t ideal but it satisfies the mild OCD. The only downside to the empty trays is that they don’t fill the drawer fully. Will get some pics in daylight as I’ve still no power to the shed :rolleyes:Used the deeper bottom drawer for my drill which just fits. Could probably do with another small set of drawers for odds and ends.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
what’s the crack when you bust sockets

they are surposed to be life time guarantee ?

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
You need your receipt for an exchange that's my only issue. But I keep all of the receipts in a folder in the tool box as I can loose my shadow.

Reactions: dub

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I've never been asked for a receipt. Always swapped hassle free, maybe had 5 bits replaced.
Yea I was chatting to a mate worked in Halfords, he always said if I broke something just land in as a Halfords part is still Halfords with lifetime warranty

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Yea I was chatting to a mate worked in Halfords, he always said if I broke something just land in as a Halfords part is still Halfords with lifetime warranty

This be the truth, never had quibbles over broken hex sockets or ratchets.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Asked me for a receipt when all my driver bits went rusty after a year, I couldn't find the receipt anywhere so just lived with it.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
I've never been asked for a receipt. Always swapped hassle free, maybe had 5 bits replaced.

went to halfords boucher today

straight swap no questions asked not even for a receipt

so since they where nice to me i bought more tools ffs

good marketing when ya think about it your not gonna take a trip down for 1 replacement socket

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Couple of pics of the drawer trays. There’s space at the back of the drawer so I’ll try to find something to fill the voids

View attachment 219457 View attachment 219458 View attachment 219459 View attachment 219460 View attachment 219461
Have these myself - the space is almost the exact size for an adjustable torque wrench in a slim box. I had a full hunt one day to make use of that space - random halfords didn't add another row of random pockets to fill the void.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Have these myself - the space is almost the exact size for an adjustable torque wrench in a slim box. I had a full hunt one day to make use of that space - random halfords didn't add another row of random pockets to fill the void.

Wonder if my Draper torque wrench will fit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.