Halfords Changing Industrial Tool Chest Design

NotKG

Banned
I couldn't cope with that. They'd get dirt or bits of rust in them and I'd have to lift the whole tray out and clean it.
My top drawer is "wee fiddly tools & bitz" but just loose, so bits of test wire, little screwdrivers, and E46 handbrake screws. All the stuff that should be in plastic boxes like you have are, but with the lids on, stacked on the shelf, so they stay clean 8-|
iv sheves of boxes too, all the factir stuff, o-rings sumpwashers screws etc, this is just for the 'may be useful one day' stuff. and its only opened occasionally.
the rusty stuff is all on the other side of the garage.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Got any email today about the new Advanced tool chests. Always thought these have a lifetime warranty? Allegedly not, it’s a 3 year warranty.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Got any email today about the new Advanced tool chests. Always thought these have a lifetime warranty? Allegedly not, it’s a 3 year warranty.
Got the same
Still gonna buy them anyway, can sit next to my other industrial set

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
heres one i took a few months ago, i'm not going out at 1.30am for a better one lol

View attachment 197488
the last tray to the right is larger divisions now, and has been moved to the middle. but you get the gist 8o|

Couple of organiser boxes from Homebase butchered but will do the job rightly.

image.jpg

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Annoyed I missed getting a bottom box - anyone got one they don't want?!

After my pending sort out in the garage, I'll end up with one, maybe two top boxes if anyone is up for some kind of swap?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Lifted a new advanced middle chest today so I could get my trays into it. Seems to be a bit sturdier, locks are definitely better, thicker bottom sheets and the soft close has a nicer action. Oh and a good bit bigger to get the trays in. The drawers themselves don't feel as smooth but might improve with a bit of weight in them. Overall great value with the trade card. Also saw them on eBay for £90, which is less again (but we're out of stock).

IMG_20180807_163737611.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Is that an Advanced shifting spanner set? Didn’t know they did them, I need pliers too so must have a look.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Awesome! I’m on it.

They're not knipex quality but they're not knipex price either. The adjustables wouldn't be as good as my old Bahco either as it's fully rebuildable but they're all great value when the 3 for 2 offer is on.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
what a waste of tool space just to look fancy.
that said, iv seen a 2nd yr apprentice with a 10k+ strap-on kit.
do they do poser boxes with rainbows and unicorns? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

To be fair the oily knackered stuff used for engine swaps is at the workshop. I doubt this will get much abuse :joy::monkey:

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
what a waste of tool space just to look fancy.
that said, iv seen a 2nd yr apprentice with a 10k+ strap-on kit.
do they do poser boxes with rainbows and unicorns? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
I've a teng kit and I love the organised drawers. At least you know if there's any tools missing once you finish a job by the empty spaces

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Saw the new ones in store and the finish is really nice. Love the open front top when the lid is up. So much easier to see stuff if you have the full stack height.
Just have to wait until discount time!