Active Deal Halfords tool chests

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Apis

RMS Regular
OP
Apis
Drives
various
i bought the 3 today. INDUSTRIAL
service woeful.

bottom a huge dent in the top at the lock bar and wouldn't operate. poorly packed.
middle with a wonky drawer, dropped & poorly packed.
top entirely perfect, double foam wrapped and protected and 100%.
I think they've been got in from another store stock, but they re-ordered it and it came in fine.
mixed logic, staff said the delivery of items like this were always wrecked and thrown and kicked. then the manager said he'd hammer out the dent and sell it to someone ^o) like WTF! and he said the courier company were perfect.
i shouldn't care, but still took 3 runs to the store to get it all in the end.
STILL a "sorry about that" doesn't buy the derv. and ya need a big van to do it in one.
View attachment 129707

All 3 in the black industrial set fitted in my Mondeo hatchback in one go. The shop guy gave me a lift out with them and he couldn't believe I fitted them in the car. You need a big car, or a small van, but not a big van.

Yes, you really need to open the boxes and check before you take them. A lot of them seem to get bashed up. You get a lot of air-sucking through the teeth from the staff, but you need to check, regardless. Check for keys and castors too. The black ones are decent boxes for average use but they are thin and def not "Industrial".
I think they must stack them very high in the warehouse and they get crushed or dropped quite often.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
IMG_2702.PNG
IMG_2703.PNG

This is what I was looking at? @KyleR @weeloaney

Ge0rge

Banned
anyone have a code or know the cheapest you would get the black halfords top box the industrial one ?

EP82JM

RMS Regular
anyone have a code or know the cheapest you would get the black halfords top box the industrial one ?

Theyre on offer at the minute George. If you buy the full bundle you save about £400. Bottom middle and top is around £350 I think.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Jesus £120 with a trade card, who can get me one lol?

I can mate. I can preorder it online and you can collect and pay in store. You don't need the card, just the reference number and will need to pretend to be me for 5 mins lol. Drop me a message if you want sorted :grinning:

Ge0rge

Banned
I can mate. I can preorder it online and you can collect and pay in store. You don't need the card, just the reference number and will need to pretend to be me for 5 mins lol. Drop me a message if you want sorted :grinning:

Yeah I can PayPal you the money or bank transfer which ever you prefer or come down give you cash

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
@Ge0rge you need to get yourself a trade card (really easy to get even if you're not actually in the trade)

I got mine for 120 a few weeks back, will be going back again soon for the roller cab!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah I can PayPal you the money or bank transfer which ever you prefer or come down give you cash

You won't need to do that. Tell me what you want and i can reserve it for you and you just go to the store and pay them yourself. Assuming it's in stock of course lol

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
If you get a trade card as say an electrician, do you have access to all trade deals or is it only trade specific stuff?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
50% off Car bulbs
40% off Spark plugs
30% off Windscreen wipers
30% off Mirror glass
30% off Air, fuel, oil, and cabin filters
30% off Fixings, fuses and electrical accessories
25% off Engine Oils
25% off Additives, antifreeze, de-icer, screen wash
20% off Brake pads
20% off Hand tools
20% off Battery chargers and accessories
20% off Single Sockets
20% off Lifting & Metal Storage
20% off Car batteries
20% off Motorcycling products
15% off Car Cleaning products (excludes Karcher)
15% off Spray paints & body repair

Ge0rge

Banned
@Ge0rge you need to get yourself a trade card (really easy to get even if you're not actually in the trade)

I got mine for 120 a few weeks back, will be going back again soon for the roller cab!
You paid £120 for a trade card are they not free? Tried a few times with the trade insurance and got no where

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.