Hand Products

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
im after a little cleaning advice to get the most out of my products by hand.

il list the products i have at the mintute. and if im missing anything please add it in ......

meguiars wash mitt
meguiars polish applying pads
microfibre cloth
poorboys waffle weave drying towel
zip wash + wax shampoo
autoglym shampoo conidtioner
autoglym super resin polish
autoglym extra gloss protection
autosol metal polish
autoglym glass cleaner
autoglym tar and glue remover
bumper gunk (unknown + running out - need more)
t -cut
tyre slick (unkwown)

every week i would use :

zip wash + a dash of autoglym bodywork conditioner , 2 bucket method with meg's wash mitt
waffle weave dry
tyre slick

every other week or so i would also :

apply with polish pads + remove with microfibre cloth...
super resin polish
extra gloss protection

while waiting for the extra gloss (20m-1hour) :

tyre slick
bumper gunk splitter + rear number plate trim
metal polish exhaust if needs it (rarely)
clean glass

any advice on paint cleaning/protection products to use in order ? what else do i need to give a really nice deep/wet shine ?

my car will be getting PC'd + de-swirled within the next month or so (the swirls arent even all that bad atm anyway) so not really after that side of things as its prob near impossible by hand anyway.

can meg's scratch X be used on small sections ? got a few small surface scrapes .... or might leave it until PC time

how do you wash waffle weave towels, microfibres, polish pads, wash mitts etc. ??

thanks.

not may guides/advice for hand cleaning now-a-days(y)

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
were would these be obtained from ?

and what stage/order should i use them ?? baring in mind that i dont alway have time for 3or4 layers of polish/wax.

thanks

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
If your gonna be getting it deswirled then all u should need to do is wash it right and wax when the shine starts to go. What colour is it? U will get better results from a decent wax than u will with SRP + EGP

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
its damson metallic (metallic purple)

what can i do to hid the few swirls until then, ie. wash, dry , SRP , extra gloss ? nattys blue ?

basically i want to deepin the wet shine as much as physically possible by hand !

@metro i found them on ebay, but they seem to describe them as scratch/swirl removers ?

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
Best way to get a wet shine is using a glaze like Meguiars #7... Altho on its own this will last about a day tops so it will need topped with a wax.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
For a good budget wax I'd use Poorboys Natty's Blue, its roughly £13 a tub, and looks brilliant on darker colours.

Though if you want to spend a wee bit more, the Dodo Juice Purple Haze looks great, for about £30.

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
That coachworks place in Ballymena Brennan and Barret or whatever its called sells all that I think.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.