Hands free?

Joe 90

RMS Regular
My partner is looking a hands free in her 2007 ford galaxy. Is the wired hands free a thing of the past now with cars having it as standard? Another option I thought might have been a radio with it built in but halfords cheapest double din is around £230. Any advice or recommendations.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I've a Parrot CK3100 and nearly sure I've a Ford lead to fit it also. I'm in Ballynahinch and could fit it. Drop me a PM if interested.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I think I might have an IO Play 2 in the attic if any use?

I've another one in the MX5 that I still use and it does bluetooth calls and music streaming too. Can connect two phones at the same time.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I bought a pioneer one from here about 2 years ago and they were fine and it arrived quickly.

They have double din head units from £110.

Joe 90

RMS Regular
OP
J
I bought a pioneer one from here about 2 years ago and they were fine and it arrived quickly.

They have double din head units from £110.
I've just bought a parrot ck3100. Another £40 would have bought that and probably look better.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I've just bought a parrot ck3100. Another £40 would have bought that and probably look better.

I had Parrot kit in the past. Worked well, I'm sure it will do exactly what you need it to.

I did make a wee bracket for the screen though as I didn't like the way it mounted to the dash. Was a simple bent bit of metal that went between two panels but it held the screen perfectly and didn't damage the dash.

Joe 90

RMS Regular
OP
J
A lot of it seems plug and play but their is 6 wires not connected to anything.
The white mute in 1, yellow mute 2 and blue mute 3 all with crimp connections.
Then from the black box from parrot a yellow with male connection and the other side of the box has a green line "+" and a brownish line "-" with no connections.
Are these spare or how many is needed. I rather know the wiring before I start pulling the car apart.
I don't understand the instructions with it.

Attachments

• 20240403_165015.jpg
    20240403_165015.jpg
    659 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240403_165033.jpg
    20240403_165033.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240403_165054.jpg
    20240403_165054.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 0

Sham1

RMS Regular
If your car has iso connectors, you need to connect the yellow wire to the relevant mute wire on the car radio. There are 3 options as the pin can vary by manufacturer. If you have iso, you don’t need to connect line + and -.
If you don’t have iso teh easiest way is to buy the relevant SOT lead for your car, but you will still need to connect the relevant mute. It’s a long while since I fitted a parrot kit, but from memory they play the audio through one of the front speakers, so you need the mute wire to mute the radio from palyingnthroug( the other speakers.
If you have the pin out for your radio, and it has the relevant line - and line + then you can connect directly to the pins without the iso.
All covered in the fitting instructions
Sorry I’ve never had a Ford so don’t know what sort of connector, probably quad lock?
78BC35A4-C06D-46F0-A8D8-1C1034A4074C.png