Hatchback Impreza STi 330s

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I was going to put cheap winter tyres on mainly to save my fairly new Michelin’s as there a clean fortune but also to try and prevent a slide in the frost I had last year turning into my street and hitting my wheel of the kerb taking a chunk out of my tyre also.i was hoping they would be loads better in the wet slippery roads we will have the next 6 months or so.do they not help in the wet then ??
I just couldn't get on with them at all but others love them. I reckon the super sports were better in the wet. Snow was only where I personally noticed any improvement

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I just couldn't get on with them at all but others love them. I reckon the super sports were better in the wet. Snow was only where I personally noticed any improvement
Yeah if i look out the window and see people sliding about the street , my car doesn't come out. Untill every other car on the road has winter tyres i dont see the point. Different if i needed the car to commute but i use a van 5 days a week in all weather and i have to manage ,and have done bar 2 instances in the last 20+ years. One was i got stuck at a wholesalers near my house and i walked home, drove my normal tyred bugeye back to van with shovel and grit to rescue it. Other was we just got sent home the bad snow of 2010 (i think).

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
The gold does looks class there :worried:
I'll get a few pics of the factory paint on them. Other than the face, they're almost white. Nothing major but enough to annoy me. Certainly wouldn't be happy if I'd paid for them to be refurbed and they came back like that. Pity is that they come in grey too, that would've been prefect.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
You mean this grey
20180512_181807.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Been looking through some powder coating options and am struggling with these . . . . . .
In order of preference

Screenshot_20181029-211031_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20181029-210448_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20181029-210932_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20181029-210319_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20181029-211422_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20181029-211256_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20181029-210704_Facebook.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
This is my issue with the gold , and it may just be my imagination , but they look almost white in parts at certain angles. I can't tell if its just the metallic gold or bad paint from factory. It's not a big issue but it's something i noticed from day one.
20181029_221724.jpg
20181029_221731.jpg
20181029_221736.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Do look white-ish in a couple of those pics. Get them resprayed gold?
I honestly think its time for a change. Really want bronze , but needs to be the perfect colour in my head brought to life. Even some of the pics I've saved on my phone I'm convincing myself they aren't 100%. Need to just go for one and be done with it.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Yeah, surely there isn't enough paint on there to start with? However, I've always been a fan of the PFF7 shade of gold personally.
They're what i have fitted at the min , and that's the factory paint ! I'm not sure though as its only at certain angles which makes me think its just the metalic effect catching the light different. But the back (look where it bolts to the hub) it definitely thin paint and is white.

schoolboy

RMS Regular
They're what i have fitted at the min , and that's the factory paint ! I'm not sure though as its only at certain angles which makes me think its just the metalic effect catching the light different. But the back (look where it bolts to the hub) it definitely thin paint and is white.

I believe there just isn't enough paint on them.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
This is the bronze in question, which actually caught my eye when i bought the gold wheels as they were the sellers replacement which turns out by sheer coincidence to have been powder coated by the company I'm looking at. Took a couple of pics at the time as they also look different depending what angle u look.

20181011_175317.jpg
20181011_175311.jpg

Ideally, its the colour i like but just hope it suits the style of wheel.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.