Hatchback Impreza STi 330s

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
IMG_20181214_215526_202.jpg
Autofiness Tripple and Naviwax ion-coat. Thank feck i did it yesterday.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I've toyed with the idea of an Air Oil Separator (AOS) for a long time now. Had one ready to fit when it went for the rebuild but was told i "didn't need it" and it wasn't the best one either so i sold it on.
Well he may say i didn't need it but i get a cloud of smoke on start-up the odd time and it scares the dung outta me as that's what it did when it let go.
So a Grimmspeed (3port) one popped up on FB and coincidently it was the guy who i sold my no brand (2port) one to ! These are roughly a rediculous £300 new so jumped at the chance. It came with no fittings or pipework so after some advise on what i needed, bought the bits off ebay and i had the full kit.

Fitted it today, bit annoyed that any videos i could find were slightly different but think it's correct. Worked out pretty neat considering some of the installs I've seen.

Time will tell if it stops the smoke as it only happened the odd time.
IMG-20181228-WA0009.jpeg
20181228_154111.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Only seeing the wheel update now, they look epic in all the colours, they really suit the car. The bay is mint :cool:
Thanks. I still have my doubts on colour if the wheels. Think its just the winter weather bringing me down. Car is constantly grimey so cant even get a good look at them.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
You have put so much work in that engine bay. I see you have even changed the screws around the engine and headlights
Kinda keeps me tinkering as I'm no use at the bigger jobs.
Got a red anodized washer and chrome screw kit ages ago as i had them on my last Subaru and liked the kit so was one of the first things i did. After the rebuild a few parts didn't go back on (secondary air pump) which left some empty holes. So i ordered up some additional different sized ones off ebay to fill the empty threads.
Got a few bits powder coated red to match manifold and Perrin stuff. Wasn't happy with the finish (cracked when bolts tightened down) so i bought some wrinkle paint. Did a few parts while still fitted to car and some i did in the shed. Strut brace , radiator brackets etc.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
You'll say that but we all know it's never the case....if something pops up you'll be on it :p
***awaits someone sending me a link to a massive , straight swap turbo***

I just totally got the fear since it blew. I'm just getting to forget about all that and enjoy it. God knows what I'd be like if it was 4/500hp , I'd be on edge at all times.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Had someone on an owners Facebook page looking a standard stereo and a few people were slagging it off. Its a touchscreen satnav , DVD with Dolby surround. Sure its not the loudest but I've done a few tweaks so posted a video to show whats possible. Also recently got an OEM under seat subwoofer which helps the sound level . Its "active" (i think that's the word) so it does all frequencies rather than just bass.

Last edited:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Got a rare chance to wash the car in daylight. Wish it would either snow or be summer. Hate the damp dark nights.

Glimmerman Avalanche Super Foam Snow Foam
50.cal Tracer shampoo (smells of cola , beaut)
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. (Love this stuff. So cheap , loads off it in a bottle, and good gloss and beading)

Was getting dark by the time i was drying.
20190125_165904.jpg

20190125_170148.jpg

20190125_171451.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.