Hatchback Impreza STi 330s

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Aye 400bhp or thereabouts, which back in 2010 is some going, that along with mitsi evo special editions also up around there - yet only now the germans are making so-called 'hyper hatches' that come close performance wise (would still take an rs3 in a heartbeat tho)

There was only 75 of the cosworth so not likely to see many on the road
I actually never thought of it like that .its only the newest hot hatch rs3 that’s even at that figure atm so yeah it was quite special back then .

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
New front splitter looks well.

IMG_20190519_122241_030.jpg

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Very nice, it's still looking well all these years later.
You're what now, the 3rd owner, I know the 1st owner was Eastwoods as it was pre-registered so I could get a reasonable bit of money off it way back then

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Very nice, it's still looking well all these years later.
You're what now, the 3rd owner, I know the 1st owner was Eastwoods as it was pre-registered so I could get a reasonable bit of money off it way back then
Are you "Urban" from Scoobynet ?

ShaunB

RMS Regular
E63 AMG, just swapped the old one out for a newer version recently. No photos on here as yet, but they're on scoobynet, other marques

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Took a few pics at a show on sat (nice space they put me wasn't it:rolleyes:)
Then as i didn't get time before the show, i cleaned the engine bay when i got home and replaced a couple of stickers that were looking tatty.View attachment 237445View attachment 237446View attachment 237447View attachment 237448

Could always look at it as 3/4 of the car is safe as people won't be weaving in and out as much.

Really really like the alloy colour, not sure if I've said that before haha

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Thinking on selling up and getting one good car between me and Mel and a wee cheap toy for track days or something to get my head showered without fear of wreaking something expensive.
Don't want to but really have no use for it sitting doing nothing and its too good (and expensive) to rake about the odd weekend or track.

My only problem is that the value of even forged ones seems low for what I'd like to get. Need to decide to either take the hit on it, or hold out for someone who knows what its worth.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Thinking on selling up and getting one good car between me and Mel and a wee cheap toy for track days or something to get my head showered without fear of wreaking something expensive.
Don't want to but really have no use for it sitting doing nothing and its too good (and expensive) to rake about the odd weekend or track.

My only problem is that the value of even forged ones seems low for what I'd like to get. Need to decide to either take the hit on it, or hold out for someone who knows what its worth.

I've seen hatches sell for less than hawkeye and even blobeyes so id keep it especially since you have it sitting so well. 😎
Nothing out there as good could replace it for the same money.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I think by this stage Mel has had a set of twins .ps Adam I don’t believe a word of what you just said as you know she would only wreck a good cars wheels and you would kill her .😂

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I've seen hatches sell for less than hawkeye and even blobeyes so id keep it especially since you have it sitting so well. 😎
Nothing out there as good could replace it for the same money.
"Sitting well" is exactly what its doing though, "sitting".
I take it out the very odd time but get little enjoyment as I'm forever worried about it rather than enjoying it. I'd rather have a sporty big wagon with a bit of omph for both of us and a REALLY cheap runaround for me to thrash when the mood takes me. Worry free thrashing appeals to me, don't feel right taking the scooby out.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I think by this stage Mel has had a set of twins .ps Adam I don’t believe a word of what you just said as you know she would only wreck a good cars wheels and you would kill her .😂

It's all to get out of my taking the Scooby a spin now I'm insured on it :laughing:. In 21 years I had never marked a wheel on my car, now I've done 2 in a few months :monkey:.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
On a more serious note ,what is your car going to realistically going to get Adam if you were to sell it .i know it’s worth twice to you but if it’s not getting good money I would defo not sell it .its stunning on the road when you see it .

zafturbo

RMS Regular
It's all to get out of my taking the Scooby a spin now I'm insured on it :laughing:. In 21 years I had never marked a wheel on my car, now I've done 2 in a few months :monkey:.
No but you managed every single other panel in your early driving career .there wasn’t a wall in Larne you didn’t leave a part of a mini on .thats rich from the boy who totalled more hot hatches that t met ffs .

• Haha
Reactions: Mel

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
On a more serious note ,what is your car going to realistically going to get Adam if you were to sell it .i know it’s worth twice to you but if it’s not getting good money I would defo not sell it .its stunning on the road when you see it .
Just have to bite the bullet probably. For what it costs to tax/insure/service i'm losing money every time i don't drive it.
I was in this exact position when I'd my prodrive bugeye and instantly regretted selling it , but it just seems to be the way of the world.
I think if i had a really cheap car i could rake it to my hearts content with no worries or great expense. Then the joint car can be the show pony but still something with a bit of go in it for both of us to enjoy/look after.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I'd say this one hatch would sway me to a grey over blue, since they grew on me they always had to be blue, for a while I liked a red one, but always went back to blue.

Never owned one, but yours is just so outstanding.

Why not make this the show pony? Rather than losing money on it, just try using it more? I'd anything happens the wheels sure they're repairable, then get something to rake the crap out of!

At the end of the day, it's a Subaru, they're built to be driven and driven hard! So giving it a good scalp every so often won't do much harm, and if it did any it would just take the price you think it's worth closer to what you'll be able to get for it as there will be a few niggles etc

If I were you I'd be driving it

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I just don't have the desire to drive it. It's expensive to have sitting for the rare occasion i do fancy going out. I'm not one for getting up early to avoid other road users , or travelling far to find perfect driving roads. I could just be sitting one day bored and want to thrash a car, like yesterday. It was rubbish. The only times i got to push on a bit i was hitting pot holes and dips and bumps cringing the whole time. Came back feeling worse rather than getting my head showered. If I'd have went out in a wee crappy car I'd not have give a flying F.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
"Sitting well" is exactly what its doing though, "sitting".
I take it out the very odd time but get little enjoyment as I'm forever worried about it rather than enjoying it. I'd rather have a sporty big wagon with a bit of omph for both of us and a REALLY cheap runaround for me to thrash when the mood takes me. Worry free thrashing appeals to me, don't feel right taking the scooby out.

I know exactly what you mean. That's also why I sold my sti a few weeks ago. Washed it, looked at it and took pictures of it more than driving it. And when I did drive it i was constantly worrying a big bill was ahead.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Keep it as the show pony and let Mel drive it as an everyday car. Then buy yourself the cheaper car for wrecking and track days.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.