Hatchback Impreza STi 330s

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Keep it as the show pony and let Mel drive it as an everyday car. Then buy yourself the cheaper car for wrecking and track days.
I had thought of that but we're (she) is after something bigger , estate/4x4 size and not as in your face as a subaru for daily duties. The subaru is just in a weird "not quite right" position for either of our needs i think.

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
It was the same for me, just wasn’t driving mine....1,100 miles in 2 years. Had it 6 years and got it looking the way I wanted it over a year ago, just lost a bit of interest in driving it
E897A370-5E80-4B07-B06C-7A5413BF84DA.jpeg

Went for the 987S and have done 450 miles in 5 weeks, it’s an enjoyable car to own and drive for different reasons than the Impreza but I guess that’s the point..
D4DA163B-13F0-408D-BDAE-14DF0F8C5ADF.jpeg

There’s more on the bucket list too, i’ll Keep going as long as I can lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Exactly why I sold the bug eye. Spent 99% of it's time in my garage.

If you have kind of lost heart in it I would take it as an opportunity to try a different car from your bucket list.

Reactions: Mel

andy_b

RMS Regular
Exact situation I find myself in, car never be used but I know the minute I sell I will instantly regret it, tempted to put in storage and forget about it in the hope it makes me enjoy it again, mainly cause I can’t see the prices of decent Imprezas to fall anytime soon

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Fast,not in your face,estate,Audi = rs4 did you say Adam.perfect everyday car if not doing big commute to work ,subtle sort off ,loads of room and a stinking big v8 to ring the neck off of you so wish .Add a Clio 182 / 197 or even my st focus to the list and go and drive the door handles of them .£1500 - £4000 and all the fun in the world .hobest to god I used my 182 for near 2 years as my daily on a commute to Belfast and home at 4-5am every morning and it was the best fun I have had in a car in years .it was verging on me wiping myself out on every roundabout in the wet from Belfast to Larne but zero sh1ts were given .it was epic some mornings lol.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Fast,not in your face,estate,Audi = rs4 did you say Adam.perfect everyday car if not doing big commute to work ,subtle sort off ,loads of room and a stinking big v8 to ring the neck off of you so wish .Add a Clio 182 / 197 or even my st focus to the list and go and drive the door handles of them .£1500 - £4000 and all the fun in the world .hobest to god I used my 182 for near 2 years as my daily on a commute to Belfast and home at 4-5am every morning and it was the best fun I have had in a car in years .it was verging on me wiping myself out on every roundabout in the wet from Belfast to Larne but zero sh1ts were given .it was epic some mornings lol.
My thoughts exactly. Have a joint car which is best of all worlds, and a disposable car for ragging as a bit of craic.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
"Sitting well" is exactly what its doing though, "sitting".
I take it out the very odd time but get little enjoyment as I'm forever worried about it rather than enjoying it. I'd rather have a sporty big wagon with a bit of omph for both of us and a REALLY cheap runaround for me to thrash when the mood takes me. Worry free thrashing appeals to me, don't feel right taking the scooby out.

If you aren't enjoying it then definitely sell up. This is exactly the reason I sold the Mitsi. Tried my hardest to enjoy driving it when I could but a combination of never having time to, worrying about it when I did and never being able to stretch it's legs (bar one very late night when there was actually no traffic about) it just seemed a waste of money sitting there.

The new plan in my head is get something practical and fresh with all the creature comforts for me and the better half to enjoy every day and get a cheap project for me for weekend drives and track days. Taking my time to decide what I want though. Clio 172, Mazda MX5, Porsche 944, something classic maybe, I've no idea lol

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
If you aren't enjoying it then definitely sell up. This is exactly the reason I sold the Mitsi. Tried my hardest to enjoy driving it when I could but a combination of never having time to, worrying about it when I did and never being able to stretch it's legs (bar one very late night when there was actually no traffic about) it just seemed a waste of money sitting there.

The new plan in my head is get something practical and fresh with all the creature comforts for me and the better half to enjoy every day and get a cheap project for me for weekend drives and track days. Taking my time to decide what I want though. Clio 172, Mazda MX5, Porsche 944, something classic maybe, I've no idea lol
Yeah same as us. There's no point in Mel buying a new car and me having a £15k "toy" sitting doing nothing 90% of the time. I'd sooner put that money into an all rounder to share then if i get a toy it'll be dirt cheap.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Shame! You could just drive it and enjoy it you know!!
I "could" , but i never seem too, well not how i wish i could. As always with these things i will regret it. I took it out for a run when i came home from hols and it sounded so good ! I actually wondered if i should just get Mel to daily it but realistically it's the wrong car for our needs.
Things change and it doesn't make sence to have it.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Understand, I really do. My 996 hasn’t been MOT’d in 2 years and I did think about selling it as I just don’t have the time. But at the same time, when you get back in the mood it’s great fun, a nice way to get a bit of Adrenalin and isn’t depreciating. Picking it up tomorrow and going to book MOT and I’m just going drive away at it, get some longer jaunts and enjoy it. Sometimes you just have to make the effort too.

I think given all the attention you’ve lavished on it you should keep it and enjoy it. Dare I say it, we all go through phases but I think we’re petrolheads underneath. Look at DaMurf who was about to sell the 350 and now seems to have rekindled his passion for it too.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I "could" , but i never seem too, well not how i wish i could. As always with these things i will regret it. I took it out for a run when i came home from hols and it sounded so good ! I actually wondered if i should just get Mel to daily it but realistically it's the wrong car for our needs.
Things change and it doesn't make sence to have it.

It's definitely the wrong car to be paying the high road tax and not using regularly, that's my biggest reasoning for using the rs6 as much as possible, if I'm paying £555 to the government I'm damn well getting my money's worth

It seems you've made your mind up about it, and hopefully you get what you're after price wise, as it sits I think it's a fantastic piece of machinery, and although I didn't like the hatch when they were first released, I think they've quickly grown to my favourite shape

Your meticulousness for detail will surely show through with any potential buyers! 👍 Looking forward to see what you're going to end up in next

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Understand, I really do. My 996 hasn’t been MOT’d in 2 years and I did think about selling it as I just don’t have the time. But at the same time, when you get back in the mood it’s great fun, a nice way to get a bit of Adrenalin and isn’t depreciating. Picking it up tomorrow and going to book MOT and I’m just going drive away at it, get some longer jaunts and enjoy it. Sometimes you just have to make the effort too.

I think given all the attention you’ve lavished on it you should keep it and enjoy it. Dare I say it, we all go through phases but I think we’re petrolheads underneath. Look at DaMurf who was about to sell the 350 and now seems to have rekindled his passion for it too.
It's more the space in the garage, wanting a nice joint car for me and Mel , and the cost of having it just sitting there. I've weighed up the pros and cons and i think it's just time to change. I don't drive enough to have a car like that. Driving up to Larne and back every weekend was great fun, but now i don't go anywhere !

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
It's definitely the wrong car to be paying the high road tax and not using regularly, that's my biggest reasoning for using the rs6 as much as possible, if I'm paying £555 to the government I'm damn well getting my money's worth

It seems you've made your mind up about it, and hopefully you get what you're after price wise, as it sits I think it's a fantastic piece of machinery, and although I didn't like the hatch when they were first released, I think they've quickly grown to my favourite shape

Your meticulousness for detail will surely show through with any potential buyers! 👍 Looking forward to see what you're going to end up in next
I'm seriously hoping someone who knows the car buys it. I can't be dealing with listing it elsewhere to be offered 10k. If it goes that way i will be keeping it !

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I'm seriously hoping someone who knows the car buys it. I can't be dealing with listing it elsewhere to be offered 10k. If it goes that way i will be keeping it !
If you have no luck on here, I'd highly recommend Stefan at Performance Cars NI. He has a massive following of the kind of people who would pay good money for a good example of a performance car. Sold my Golf R quickly and got me top money for it while taking away the hassle of dealing with time wasters, test drives, able to offer finance, etc.

Reactions: Mel

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
If you have no luck on here, I'd highly recommend Stefan at Performance Cars NI. He has a massive following of the kind of people who would pay good money for a good example of a performance car. Sold my Golf R quickly and got me top money for it while taking away the hassle of dealing with time wasters, test drives, able to offer finance, etc.
I emailed him (i think, on the website) and got no reply 8-(
Was hoping to get someone like that to take it before i put an advert up as i imagine it looks better for them.
I'll maybe just double check/re-send in case he missed it as it was over the holidays. Is he on RMS ?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I emailed him (i think, on the website) and got no reply 8-(
Was hoping to get someone like that to take it before i put an advert up as i imagine it looks better for them.
I'll maybe just double check/re-send in case he missed it as it was over the holidays. Is he on RMS ?
His username is @moglie . I'll PM you his number here.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.