Hatchback Impreza STi 330s

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

moglie

RMS Regular
Not surprised, looked a great example. That ep3 won’t sit long either, had a nosey around it when it was in with Paul.
I emailed him (i think, on the website) and got no reply 8-(
Was hoping to get someone like that to take it before i put an advert up as i imagine it looks better for them.
I'll maybe just double check/re-send in case he missed it as it was over the holidays. Is he on RMS ?

Sorry I'm only seeing these posts now guys. I'm currently in Spain on holidays, back on Monday.

I'll give Charly a shout here now.

Thanks as always for the recommendations and shout outs guys 👍

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Some brochure pics.
20190728_131419.jpg
20190728_131436.jpg
20190728_131649.jpg
20190728_131507.jpg
20190728_131700.jpg
20190728_131628.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Still not trying too hard to sell it :monkey:

Have one guy torturing me from England looking to buy next month. Just need to decide if he's legit And get what i want or to trade it in for the new car and take the loss.
(or keep it)

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Still not trying too hard to sell it :monkey:

Have one guy torturing me from England looking to buy next month. Just need to decide if he's legit And get what i want or to trade it in for the new car and take the loss.
(or keep it)

Is that a guy with an Indian name? Had a pic up on one of the subaru fb pages of what I thought was your car and he was asking info on the Larne ferry.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Is that a guy with an Indian name? Had a pic up on one of the subaru fb pages of what I thought was your car and he was asking info on the Larne ferry.

Yeah that's him. Seems genuine enough but he's confusing the life out of me. Said he was bringing 2 people. Then was worried about ferry with the lowered car. Then i said there's no way you'll fit all the parts in + 3 people or make it on the ramp with added weight. (I've no need for the standard parts and there's no market for them here. If he wants it cheaper I'll be keeping bronze wheels etc but not all the standard parts)
Then he asked if the skirts and splitters come off and if the suspension could be raised.
I took it thick (after all the questions he's been asking every day this last week or so) and said there's no way I'm doing all that, as i wanted a hassle free sale. He said obviously he didn't expect me to. I then said he'd be mad to do stuff like that away from home with a ferry to catch :eek:
He then said he meant for when he got home ? I told him he can do what he wants when he gets it home !
He's hard work.
He also doesn't understand why i don't want the hassle of organising courier for the parts. Says most sellers wouldn't have a problem. I said to look at eBay, there's lots of "collection only" sellers.
My worry is that if he does show up he's going to be hassle.

Last edited:

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Auld Mohammed :laughing:
Yeah that's him. Seems genuine enough but he's confusing the life out of me. Said he was bringing 2 people. Then was worried about ferry with the lowered car. Then i said there's no way you'll fit all the parts in + 3 people or make it on the ramp with added weight. (I've no need for the standard parts and there's no market for them here. If he wants it cheaper I'll be keeping bronze wheels etc but not all the standard parts)
Then he asked if the skirts and splitters come off and if the suspension could be raised.
I took it thick (after all the questions he's been asking every day this last week or so) and said there's no way I'm doing all that, as i wanted a hassle free sale. He said obviously he didn't expect me to. I then said he'd be mad to do stuff like that away from home with a ferry to catch :eek:
He then said he meant for when he got home ? I told him he can do what he wants when he gets it home !
He's hard work.
He also doesn't understand why i don't want the hassle of organising courier for the parts. Says most sellers wouldn't have a problem. I said to look at eBay, there's lots of "collection only" sellers.
My worry is that if he does show up he's going to be hassle.

Sure why dont you give him a price for a courier and he could take any heavy items in car.
If you get a sale posting a few items wouldnt be too bad.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Coz he wants some money off the car and the only way I'm doing that is if i keep the bronze wheels to sell here (No one here would want the 330s wheels or standard parts)
I'll bet he wants money off AND the wheels etc courier'd.
The subaru dealer isn't far off the value if i trade and i get to keep the reg, bronze wheels and steering wheel to sell.
That sounds a whole lot more appealing than dealing with Mohammed !
Though if he shows up with the asking money he can work away Sorting a courier.

I seen a listing today for a standard 330s in England for £20k !

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
@CharlySkunkWeed I feel your pain. The amount of time wasters and fellas just talking s***e I had when selling the Mitsi was starting to properly annoy me. That said the first fella who came to actually view the car instead of spending a fortnight texting me bought it that same night. Took 6 months of advertising though, maybe you're better just trading it in to keep it hassle free.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
@CharlySkunkWeed I feel your pain. The amount of time wasters and fellas just talking s***e I had when selling the Mitsi was starting to properly annoy me. That said the first fella who came to actually view the car instead of spending a fortnight texting me bought it that same night. Took 6 months of advertising though, maybe you're better just trading it in to keep it hassle free.
Unfortunately dealers (other than Subaru) are giving me book price. They haven't a clue about the forged engine etc. and how it sets it apart from a normal STI.
If someone doesn't show up with the right money I'll just keep it.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Car is staying. I'll just need to get it out to some organised runs and shows rather than it just being brought out for the sake of not letting it sit idle.
Going to sort a few things that I've wanted done in a long time but never had the time.
I'll update the thread as i go.

It's currently on standard wheels with no spacers as they rub slightly. Going to get new tyres in a different profile to sort that.
20191004_175444.jpg

The driveway on wash days is a nice sight now too with @Mel new machine.
20191020_162745.jpg

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Car is staying. I'll just need to get it out to some organised runs and shows rather than it just being brought out for the sake of not letting it sit idle.
Going to sort a few things that I've wanted done in a long time but never had the time.
I'll update the thread as i go.

It's currently on standard wheels with no spacers as they rub slightly. Going to get new tyres in a different profile to sort that.View attachment 254272

The driveway on wash days is a nice sight now too with @Mel new machine.View attachment 254273
White ones are faster 🤷‍♂️.jokes aside I’m glad your keeping it as you would regret it the second it was out of the drive.such a nice car And rare at that .

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
White ones are faster 🤷‍♂️.jokes aside I’m glad your keeping it as you would regret it the second it was out of the drive.such a nice car And rare at that .
I just need to pick better times to drive it. Took it out over the weekend and in 15miles I met 5 cyclists and 3 learners.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I just need to pick better times to drive it. Took it out over the weekend and in 15miles I met 5 cyclists and 3 learners.

I feel your pain on that one - deliberately took the long way home last night from Belfast, up past Lagan College and off to Moneyreagh and then Comber-Ards-Bangor backroads, and it was a nice blast. Although it was too dark to properly push on a bit, with not knowing some of the roads particularly well either.

But most of the time driving is spent trapped behind the lowest common denominator.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I feel your pain on that one - deliberately took the long way home last night from Belfast, up past Lagan College and off to Moneyreagh and then Comber-Ards-Bangor backroads, and it was a nice blast. Although it was too dark to properly push on a bit, with not knowing some of the roads particularly well either.

But most of the time driving is spent trapped behind the lowest common denominator.
I went down a road In the van and kept saying i should bring the car here for a quick blast. In Ards, going up past "The Pub" towards Ballyblack. This is where I sat behind a learner at 20mph at the very bit I wanted to drive.
It's genuinely not safe to stage anywhere these days. Not that there ever is , but these days are particularly bad.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.