head skimming

ger16v

RMS Regular
Drives
80,90's VW
can anyone recommend a workshop to skim a cylinder head dunmurry / lisburn area for my very very long term mk2 16v golf?

thanks in advance

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
OD are no longer In Duncrue

2 of the guys from OD are now ODC-Engineering on the green road, brand new unit and all the CNC gear etc. Got a head skimmed very recently and it was top notch

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Used Byre Engineering a fair bit, always been dead on for anything I've asked them to do. Head skim is standard fayre for them.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Have also used OD for head work, skimming, and fitting oversized valves đź‘Ś they know what they're at in there.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
There's really only two places I'd ever go and neither near you. Comiskeys in Portadown, where a lot of places send their stuff anyway, and Ciaran McAloran in Scotch Street.

ger16v

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
80,90's VW
not take the head over to OD cars at duncrue?

is it still the red 16v you had from many moons ago?
i had thought od cars had gone out of business?? - seen it in the paper

i still have the red mk2 but has not left the workshop for a while now - needs a bit of work but i will get back to it someday

This is another that i picked up - an abandoned project which will test me - i.e the wiring loom was pulled out without any markings and cut in several places and some poor sill repairs in its life - full of filler.

what can i say im a mk2 / corrado addict - everytime i see one i must rescue it!! - relations think i need help.

Remind me Gambit where do you know me from??

ger16v

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
80,90's VW
probably through glubgti ni - i assume its moved to facebook etc as there forum no longer exists.

i dont do social media (facebook, twitter etc) never have and never will just dont trust it

good to hear from you by the way