Headlight surface breaking up...!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
OK the inner chrome/ reflective surface of my headlights is starting to break up.

anyone have a guess as to what casuing it? but more to the point, what can i use to re-surface it if i took the headlights apart?

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Chances are they're cheaply made painted plastic, and the heat is flaking the paint off.

Real lights are made out of a chromed glass, similar to the stuff inside Thermos flasks.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
they werent a particularly cheapunit if my memory serves me right, nick i told you before to fire off a letter to manufactureres with a few pics complaining about how headlights are an important safety feature of the car and u dont think this is acceptable!

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
i was merely pointing out that its unacceptable for a unit with such an expensive retail like this to fail...particulary a head light as the chrome inner is a critical part of its function. hence my suggestion to complain... if he paid 70 quid for it and got a year out of it then fair play! but he didnt!

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
OP
MR2 super GT
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
so you think it will do the job pablo?

the units were Morette. the thing is my old silver yaris has the same headlights and that car is over a year older than the car im in now. and the headlights on the silver yaris are 100%.

I tried emailing the prats at morette 3 times venom but not a single reply yet.
the frogs are probably too busy eating garlic snails and onion soup.

Pocket_rocket

the dealership i used to work in used silver paint for clean up old units on cars needing mot, it always worked, other than that as pablo says chrome paint for halfrauds would be fine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.