Headlight tinting?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Was looking at my car ealier when was out giving it a wash, and seing as i'm changing the lights to smoked front and side's, i was thinking, what about smoked headlights as well?

Unfortunatly no company makes anything for either model of the 406 so...........

headlight2.jpg

Obviously, I would get another set off ebay, take the unit's appart, and spray the back area, and fit some brighter bulb's as well.

I was mostly thinking just to darked the front indicator at the side, and a bit darker on the main part of the light as well.

Bit cheap i know, but no alternatives. Opinions?

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
I'd say you'd almost certainly get done for that... If it ain't illegal, i don't know what is!

Cibie to a 'Black mask' for the 306, which is basically a black background and a clear lens... it may be an alternative.

casper-ac

RMS Regular
good thinkin r-comms.
the sprayin wudnt pass the mot but the peelers hardly do much to u there and then [when ther in a normal mood]

Bora_Benz

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Golf,848 Evo
i tinted my rear lights and peelers aint said nufin, but im sure they wont pass the mot, but i have original 1's to put in when that time comes. here a pic of before and after.

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
not the best pic in the world, but I used to have tinted front lights for the fiesta when I had it, never had a problem with them and even passed the mot :grinning:

image034.jpg

big cyril

RMS Regular
Darkening your headlamp lenses is a bit like wearing sunglasses after dark - some folks think it looks cool but there are strong practical reasons why it isn't a good idea.

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
I never noticed any difference in the brightness of my lights. I never tinted the lenses, I tinted the flat silver bits on the inside. that lightnt seem to bounce off

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
Slap a bit of tint film over them and pull it off if u dont like it!

See how it lasts, but it will save on time, effort, and cost of a spare set of lights. Innovate!

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
MK3 Lad said:
spray ur chrome inners black

Exactly what i was thinking above. Just wondering if anyone had done it before and any problems etc.

Comm's, i've been looking all afternoon all over the place online and using my french checking sites etc, nothing, trust me lol!

Even the touring car's used the standard lights for flip's sake :cry:

big cyril

RMS Regular
Is headlamp/tail lamp darkening a mod you would declare to the insurance company?
Can't imagine them going for it at all.
Reckon darkened rears particularly would be hard to explain if it got shunted , even if the car had normal lights on when it was mot'd.
Subtly done can look well imho but total blackout ?

Rus872k3

Drives
Pug 406 Hdi
my dads was going to try and get the front lights tinted on the 406, but dont know wot happen

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.