Heated Windscreen Retrofit

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
Would anybody know if the cabling would be in place to enable retro fitting a heated windscreen to a 2002 Fiesta Freestyle? I've bought one as a cheap run about while the Touareg is Sorned and a previous owner has let the wiper blades get into such a state they have left marks on the screen. Option 1 would be to see if the marks could be polished out. Option 2 is replace the screen and if I was going to that hassle I'd go for heated as it would be very handy in the cold weather. I've added a picture of the little green snot for reference as clarify model.

IMG_0061.jpeg

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
I've not done it but if it was available it would be worth looking at the fuse box to see if the connectors are there as ford seemed to use 1 loom for all models so upgrades were often just buy bits and plug them in.

Failing that I'd imagine with a few wires, a switch and a timer relay it could be managed.

karl7900

RMS Regular
OP
karl7900
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
I've not done it but if it was available it would be worth looking at the fuse box to see if the connectors are there as ford seemed to use 1 loom for all models so upgrades were often just buy bits and plug them in.

Failing that I'd imagine with a few wires, a switch and a timer relay it could be managed.

Thats what I'm hoping. If the wiring is in place all I'll need to add is a switch, relay and the windscreen. I've still to fit the microphone for the bluetooth head unit I fitted so will have a nosey next time the dash is in bits. Just no Garage and the current weather isn't conducive to working on the car in the driveway :blush:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Unless the marks are scratches they should come out. Soap or washing up liquid, and some 0000 steel wool (the "0000" is important, fine grade for polishing!) should clean it up nicely.

I imagine a heated screen might be more than the car is worth :innocent:

karl7900

RMS Regular
OP
karl7900
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
I imagine a heated screen might be more than the car is worth :innocent:

:laughing: I paid £450 for it with 47000 miles on it. Not much rust and flew through its MOT for the cost of the appointment and a £2 jet wash. I've had it almost 4months and it has just clicked over 50000 miles having been to Donegal 6 times without drama or fuss :cool:. The heated windscreen would be a nice extra to have and only considering it cos it's a decent wee motor. Too much hassle or expense and I'll not bother :oops:

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Join the MK4/5 Fiesta group on Facebook - FORD FIESTA MK4 & MK5 OWNERS GROUP - and search 'heated screen' in the group search bar. Wealth of info on how to do this to be had there. I looked at doing it before for my Zetec S but decided it was more hassle than it was worth. Back then the car was my daily - I think it has done about 500 miles in the last 2 years these days!

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
I fitted a heated windscreen to my ST 170, all this wiring was there but it needed a few fuses and relays. Including engine run relay and programmed via computer