heater problem 1.25zetec fiesta

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
i have a 1.25zetec fiesta 1997 model.

the heater is stuck on cold. its fuking freezing driving any distance!

any idea wht it could be? im told possibly the heater control valve or the matix is dodgy.

any help appreciated :laughing:

Cheeers Neil

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
if it's anything to go by - heater solinoid valve behind the scuttle panel, my KA and m8's KA both have had them replaced at some point and it's V V annoying !

bout £30 or summit for new one and the only downside is the KA one was a ballix to get at and work round so i let ford do it

buff

RMS Regular
OP
buff
Drives
Jimny
gonna try it tomorrow just hope ford have one.

handy enough to change on the fiesta, takes about 5 mins.

im guesing its this as 3 out of the 4 pipes that connect to it are hot to the touch and one is cold. so the valve is either stuck closed not letting the hot water get through or the matrix is blocked hence 1 cold pipe.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
i would definately say the heater matrix, mine went too about a year ago, u dotn realise how much u miss it when u aint got it :grinning:

buff

RMS Regular
OP
buff
Drives
Jimny
is there anyway of checking the valve??? dont want to shell out £48 for a valve and find i need a matrix :worried:

or any way of checking the matrix for that matter?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
hit the valve a clunk with small hammer and it should shoot over and stick meaning you will be warm !

jonnymccollam

RMS Regular
Drives
306 bey
happened to mine as well i think its a fiesta/ka thing!!happened the same time as my headgasket big ends small ends and everything else u cud think of went!!
just bought a engine for 250 with 10000miles on it and my mechanic fitted it for free!!yay!
jonny

buff

RMS Regular
OP
buff
Drives
Jimny
the hammer was the first port of call lol but it but it didnt work.

took the valve off to have a look and the fuking thing disentigrated!!! had to pull the pipe connections out of the pipes piece by piece. the action of antifreeze and heat must make the plastic go brittle.

so had to replace the valve any way and now i have heat again :laughing:

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
eh? did you heat the car up and check the piping from the rad to the matrix, and back to rad.... ?

....so it was the valve?

buff

RMS Regular
OP
buff
Drives
Jimny
it was the valve.

checked everything pipes etc, though possibly matrix as one side of the water feed was hot the other wasnt hence possible blockage. was in the process of removing matrix to check for blockage when the old valve fell to pieces. so i had to change it any way and its fixed the problem :laughing:

all sorted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.