Hello, from Paints & Components Motor Factors...

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Hi Graeme. Wondering if you sell Argon Bottles? I'm looking to buy a bottle and pay for refills rather than renting.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Hi Graeme. Wondering if you sell Argon Bottles? I'm looking to buy a bottle and pay for refills rather than renting.
think denis wilsons and mac autoparts (who get from denis wilson) are the only one who do this. I get from both depending who has it. I usually get from mac autoparts though as its slightly closer.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Yes Ian I can sort you with Argon.

Give me a ring at the shop tomorrow. :grinning:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Yes Ian I can sort you with Argon.

Give me a ring at the shop tomorrow. :grinning:
Thats great. I'm not at home yet, however I'll get my Dad to get me a bottle before I get home as I don't arrive until the 21st and I don't want to be delayed with my welding. I'm looking for a mid size bottle, perhaps around 20L. Due to my work and being in the Seychelles its hard for me to make calls, if you are able to PM any info that would be great. Cheers

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Thats great. I'm not at home yet, however I'll get my Dad to get me a bottle before I get home as I don't arrive until the 21st and I don't want to be delayed with my welding. I'm looking for a mid size bottle, perhaps around 20L. Due to my work and being in the Seychelles its hard for me to make calls, if you are able to PM any info that would be great. Cheers

I have zero sympathy for you now
Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 23.14.12.png

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I did quite a few shifts with a nurse who was a native of the Seychelles she lived in Glasgow and was doing agency shifts over here. She constantly complained about how awful it was here and how much better it was at home. Took a lot of lip biting not to say well then feck off back home then :joy:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
lol. Its very very nice here, would love a house here. Its extremely beautiful, amazing beaches and lovely hikes up rainforest covered mountains and an easy going mentality with the locals. No joking though, its super humid here and you sweat a lot, best to be in the water.

Was good before the owners came onboard when I had weekends off. Now I'm working 13 hours every day. Its not awful, I get to drive tenders about the place but its no walk in the park either, a lot of hard work.

You can see some photos of the Seychelles on my non car instagram page, Its mostly for friends and family to keep track of me but theres some nice photos: Login • Instagram

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
@Woodcutter - wondering if you could dispense some advice please. We have some brushed stainless kitchen handles that are a bit spotted and pitted in places. Looked for some replacements but the sizes are proving tricky to find.

So we've had the hair-brained idea of spraying them a different colour, ideally matt black.

What would you recommend for priming, painting and protecting handles like these or is it a lost cause?

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
@Woodcutter - wondering if you could dispense some advice please. We have some brushed stainless kitchen handles that are a bit spotted and pitted in places. Looked for some replacements but the sizes are proving tricky to find.

So we've had the hair-brained idea of spraying them a different colour, ideally matt black.

What would you recommend for priming, painting and protecting handles like these or is it a lost cause?
If its a brushed finish anyway could you sand them back and re laquer.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
@Woodcutter, do you stock Rust-oleum spray paints and primer or something equivalent? I'm gonna give the handles a go and a few vids (albeit made by Americans) use this stuff.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
@Woodcutter, do you stock Rust-oleum spray paints and primer or something equivalent? I'm gonna give the handles a go and a few vids (albeit made by Americans) use this stuff.

I have never heard of it, what is it supposed to do? Forgive my ignorance! ☺️

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
A spray paint and primer for metal hardware, in our case kitchen handles. Whatever you would recommend instead would be great.

Have you considered having them powder coated? I would say that’ll be the most durable finish.

Any pics of the handles?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Have you considered having them powder coated? I would say that’ll be the most durable finish.

Any pics of the handles?
DSC_0735.JPG

DSC_0736.JPG

Brushed stainless steel T-bar handles. Common enough, just apart from the largest size which is why we figured the colour change.

I'll enquire about powder coating, never thought of that.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
I think you’ll struggle to paint those in any way that’ll be durable.

Powder coating would definitely be what I would look at, but I’m not sure if you can powder coat brushed stainless like that.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
You can get it in paint shops, the decorator kind, rather than the car kind. BnQ used to do it as well. Great on bare metal, I use it on motorbike engines and stands up to stone chips quite well.

Deleted member 23441

D
Hi @Woodcutter Was looking to maybe spray a piece if internal plastic trim. Its fake chrome but its flaking off, was thinking if spraying it the same colour of grey its attached to. Do you keep plastic paint and can you match it? Thanks

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
We don’t match or mix plastic paint, but we sell aerosols of paint designed for plastic. We have a few colour cards that you can choose from.

Although if you use a plastic primer; or an adhesion promoter for the section in question, you can use our normal automotive paint and we can match that to pretty much any colour, and in matt, satin or gloss finish.

Best to call up and we can try and get you sorted. 👍🏻

Deleted member 23441

D
We don’t match or mix plastic paint, but we sell aerosols of paint designed for plastic. We have a few colour cards that you can choose from.

Although if you use a plastic primer; or an adhesion promoter for the section in question, you can use our normal automotive paint and we can match that to pretty much any colour, and in matt, satin or gloss finish.

Best to call up and we can try and get you sorted. 👍🏻
Excellent Thank you 👍

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
First visit to Paints and Components yesterday. What a candy shop @Woodcutter !

Pathetic performance from me though......under pressure to rip back to Lisburn to collect the littl'uns from school and I managed to buy..........an earth clamp for a welder.

AN

EARTH

CLAMP.

Pathetic

Same thing happens when I go to Dennis Wilsons. Get in, want it all, end up buying a drill bit or a pair of gloves or something ffs.