Hello new German scrap

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@Ghisallo first convertible I have owned apart from a beach buggy. Have to say the are great. Left work the other night roof down five finger death punch on, got some slagging from the boys in work.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It has to be biblically wet for the roof to go on the Lotus, a bit nippy is nowhere near enough, lol.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
Robin worked his magic totally and utterly over the moon with it.
274F739F-389B-400A-AA7E-6A6201039EAC.jpeg
2F792613-38E8-472B-BBAE-DCB2051C1AB9.jpeg
CA0CBB57-7635-48D3-B212-6D0B28E1AF74.jpeg

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@TheDaniel I have the roof down more times than it’s been up 😂😂
Not happy with the finish on the spoiler so going to get it painted either gloss black again or maybe colour coded.
I had those belts in the 135. The lights make the interior a lot brighter than it is. But it’s a lovely place to be. Makes all my hard work worth it. Never thought I would be in the position I’m in now. I was sleeping on the street 10 years ago.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just enjoy it, you've worked for it.

I think body coloured spoiler on that car if you are getting it painted anyway.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Not happy with the finish on the spoiler so going to get it painted either gloss black again or maybe colour coded.
I had those belts in the 135. The lights make the interior a lot brighter than it is. But it’s a lovely place to be. Makes all my hard work worth it. Never thought I would be in the position I’m in now. I was sleeping on the street 10 years ago.
Car looks fantastic. Red interior always looks better in person than photos from my experience.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@svensktoppen i fully intend to. It’s nice to step into something nice after a hard days work. There is plenty of black on the car so thought a black spoiler would tie in. But body coloured would blend in more. Will speak to the painter about it.
@J55NI thanks I agree the interior doesn’t photograph well. When I seen it I knew I was for buying it. Was hard not letting them know that as I was trying to get the best deal possible.

J55NI

RMS Regular
@svensktoppen i fully intend to. It’s nice to step into something nice after a hard days work. There is plenty of black on the car so thought a black spoiler would tie in. But body coloured would blend in more. Will speak to the painter about it.
@J55NI thanks I agree the interior doesn’t photograph well. When I seen it I knew I was for buying it. Was hard not letting them know that as I was trying to get the best deal possible.
I was the same looking at photos but in person i think red interior suits the grey. I would get the spoiler painted grey if it was mine. Health to enjoy it :grinning:

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@JN55NI totally agree the red suits the grey it was the interior sold me the car. Still unsure I like the black but maybe grey would be more subtle.
I had said that’s it done but maybe a cheeky remap 🙈😂

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The red leather in my E92 M3 was the same. It looked far too bright in pictures but looked really well in person. The red interior really finishes it off with the grey exterior @jimcupra . Lovely looking car.

KIbby96

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
my god that is some accomplishment mate. Dont need me saying this but you should be bloody proud of yourself.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@NickR thanks I keep looking at it I didn’t do that with the 135. Yes it was fast but lacked any feel it was just numb.
@KIbby96 Thankyou I worked hard from nothing to get this far. Slow process but I’m getting there. I’m lucky I have a job I love and it gives me a good life. All I wanted was to provide for my daughter and be able to lift £50 out of the bank and not have to worry about it. I can do that now. Never looked at it like that but yes I am proud of what I have done.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
not much of an update other than the 47 notes spoiler was just that shape the car to fit the spoiler. Bought a front splitter but alas it was for a 5 series and it didn’t fit either. So **** it the car is staying the way it is. Have to say love driving this thing. Quick enough for me and can do 50 on a long run and averages 40 on my 10 mile commute.
Will get it into the garage and give a good clean wheels off and a general tidy up.
Ad blue flashed up needing filled and I had an email saying bmw charges £1 per litre. So called on for a free coffee and a bun. Asked about getting 4 litres of adblue. Yes was the reply we can do that it will be £26. £4 plus vat and £21-20 for us to put it in as you are not qualified to do it. Now I fill up with 60litres of adblue a week so I reckon I’m more than qualified. Bought a 10 litre drum for £12. 🤷‍♀️ I know they have to make money but that’s borderline robbery.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
Spotted some dodgy looking lad in a car park turns out it was thon @Jamie-g 😂😂. Was good to see you as well mate. Thanks for your kind words about the car. I just clean it it’s the genius of @Big Pimp his cleaning range is fantastic.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
Took the car a run to ballyshannon on Friday night. Rory Gallagher festival is on and I didn’t think I would be out of work on time. Anyway lovely evening finished early so headed over to see the fantastic Pat McManus, Eric Gales and even had time to catch the end of Davy K set.
Great drive through the north of Ireland roof down and some great music. Managed 54 mpg now the drive bored me silly but none the less for a 3.0 6 pot derv that’s impressive. C24107E6-6BB3-42A4-BEC6-129ED2051897.jpeg
62CF91AC-7C9C-4378-954D-1E98D0101771.jpeg

Attachments

• B1E9C56A-82C1-4778-84EA-425158227D39.jpeg
    B1E9C56A-82C1-4778-84EA-425158227D39.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 76

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
New wheels for the German scrap. Have been having problems with the car. Drivers side seat belt has been replaced 4 times and still won’t retract. So back in it goes for another. They keep replacing the belt but it’s something more than that. To say I’m totally and utterly fecked off is an understatement. Last time they had they broke the seat trim and set the air bag off in the seat. Had it for 4 days waiting on bits. Spoke to bmw customer service and they are now dealing with it. If Volvo can make a seat belt that works fine after 1 million kms I don’t know how bmw can’t. Rang me yesterday to say the seat belt was in but had to come by special courier due to it being hazardous. So I asked him under cat 1-9 what was it shipped under. It would come under limited quantity so wouldn’t need adr. He went silent. Now I know he is talking out his hole as he soon shut up when I told him I’m a qualified adr driver.

Attachments

• FFEA69CF-DB8A-47D9-89AF-8F6062D4279A.jpeg
    FFEA69CF-DB8A-47D9-89AF-8F6062D4279A.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 39

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
A BMW dealer setting off airbags in their garage, that's genuinely shocking 😳 Must have made a right mess of the interior too...

Never mind not able to replace a seatbelt 🙈

Somebody needs to get fired there...

Edit: have they replaced the seat belt each time, or just trying to fix the old one?