Hello

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
Hello one and all,

My name is Ivan and my company Ivan Kerr Tyres are now proud sponsors of RMS.

This is just a quick post to formally introduce ourselves to you guys. We were established by my late father Ivan Snr. in Carrickfergus in 1981 and opened our second branch in Bangor last year.

We aim to provide an honest and professional service. We take pride using the latest technology such as Hunter Hawkeye 3D wheel alignment, Hunter RoadForce wheel balancing and fully equipped to service and replace TPMS (tyre pressure) sensors.

We’re here to help support the forum and you guys, whether or not you’re customers of ours, we’ll do your best to help you with any queries you may have about the world of tyres.

As a wee thank you for reading this post, we have a 10% discount to use on our www.ivankerrtyres.com for in stock items (little tip- search by your actual tyre size, a lot more accurate than typing your reg in!). For anything specific or special orders, feel free to message me for a quotation and we’ll do what we can to give you the best price.

The voucher code is KEEPERLIT and feel free to insert your username in the special instructions box so we can put a face to your name.

We look forward to working with you all and keep you up to date with the goings on in our business.

998AFBEB-F638-43F4-9B2E-1826B3C3C362.jpeg

Last edited:

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Great news, been a customer in your Bangor place for a while now always top notch service. Will be along in a few months for some winters for the big Merc too.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
So I don’t need to tag you anymore....
It’s always appreciated! Hope life is good across the water

Great news, been a customer in your Bangor place for a while now always top notch service. Will be along in a few months for some winters for the big Merc too.
Lovely motor, think I saw this the very day that you collected this. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time so we can get you the best price and availability on your winter tyres!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
It’s always appreciated! Hope life is good across the water

Lovely motor, think I saw this the very day that you collected this. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time so we can get you the best price and availability on your winter tyres!
Bar having to find a new tyre place, aye not bad. May just to have time our trips back with my tyre needs.

schoolboy

RMS Regular
Welcome !

I've always been provided with a great service and great prices in the Bangor branch. In fact I was there on Friday again getting two new tyres for my daily. I'll be back for my Impreza tyres soon!
Thanks Ivan.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
The bangor site sorted me out with Kumho’s for my golf a few weeks back, and cheaper than even places online. Great service and very handy.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Good to see this place is run by a car enthusiast, few friends have had dealings with you and all positive. What do you guys charge for wheel alignment? Need both my cars done.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Good to see this place is run by a car enthusiast, few friends have had dealings with you and all positive. What do you guys charge for wheel alignment? Need both my cars done.
What make and model vehicles have you got Mr. Nut?

-Pete-

RMS Regular
need my own car done badly after having two new tyres fitted to the front at a different place. went in fine and came out with misalignment somehow?? don't really see how thats possible but anyway, need the fronts aligned asap before I scrub off two new tyres. free slot this friday afternoon? or just show up and wait?

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
need my own car done badly after having two new tyres fitted to the front at a different place. went in fine and came out with misalignment somehow?? don't really see how thats possible but anyway, need the fronts aligned asap before I scrub off two new tyres. free slot this friday afternoon? or just show up and wait?

Ideally book in advance to potentially save you a long wait time before your car is started. Send me a message with a time and which branch- Carrickfergus or Bangor.

Thanks

*Edit just seen your order, many thanks!

Last edited:

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Ideally book in advance to potentially save you a long wait time before your car is started. Send me a message with a time and which branch- Carrickfergus or Bangor.

Thanks

*Edit just seen your order, many thanks!

Yep went ahead and booked into Bangor for Saturday morning first thing. Might also need one of these new tyres re seated as its going down slowly...

pablo

RMS Moderator
@RubberLover do you do Federal 595 RSR track day tyres?

2 x 205/50/16 and 2 x 225/45/17

thanks, great to see you on board

also can you do an alignment printout with just the state of how it is now and no adjustments? The VX220/Elise is a pig with shims etc but Id like to see what state its in now before figuring out where to go next.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Unfortunately not, I find Federal crack very easily to stay clear of them, sorry.

I’ll have to check but from memory that car needs weighing down etc. not just slap the alignment targets on and print. For the time this would take, a small fee would be needed but I’ll check up in this for you.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Also considered the Nankang NS-2R track tyres if you had a source on those. They seem to be a similar price point

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Also considered the Nankang NS-2R track tyres if you had a source on those. They seem to be a similar price point

Some good review on pistonheads for those. Have them on the MX5 too, seemed quite good from my limited track time lol

Marc

RMS Moderator
I found the Nankangs wear badly in Kirkiston compared to Yoko AD08's, I was getting maybe 2 extra trackdays out of my Yoko's

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.