Hello

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
It’s well away from the edge, had the wheel off to check it. Will try to get up soon now that I know you can do repairs.

Thanks.

Darren91

RMS Regular
Prompt, efficient, professional service from the guys in Carrick this morning who carried out a wheel alignment, thanks Ivan!

e320mark

RMS Regular
Called into Carrickfergus this morning Ivan, your guys reckon 1-2000 miles left on the tyres! I’ll see you after Christmas!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
@RubberLover

Hi Ivan - just about to book a wheel alignment for Saturday as I hit a nasty pot hole a few weeks back so want to get everything checked out and aligned as I feel the steering is slightly off. I also have a new set of tyres to be fitted, would you recommend the alignment is done after the tyres are fitted or does it not make too much difference? Hoping to have them fitted in work sometime this week.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Hi Eddie,

Sorry only seeing this now. Always best to do the wheel alignment at the very end of your list.

Out of curiosity what make and model vehicle is it?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Hi Eddie,

Sorry only seeing this now. Always best to do the wheel alignment at the very end of your list.

Out of curiosity what make and model vehicle is it?

That’s what I thought. Our workshop is so busy at the moment but I will try to have them fitted before Saturday as I would like the alignment done ASAP.

The car is a Renaultsport Megane 275.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@RubberLover when are you open over Christmas/New years? I've a mate coming home from England for Christmas and he's looking a wheel alignment when he here as he had it done in England and his steering wheel isn't straight which is doing his nut in.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
What make and model car is it @Paddy_R ?

We’re closed Christmas Eve and reopen the following Saturday and then just closed New Year’s Day.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Booked in for Monday morning 😀. I had tried to get booked in for tomorrow morning but you guys where fully booked 😀

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Hi @Paddy_R that sounds grand but the only problem is that my memory is terrible and I’m not in work to put this in the diary!

Could you send me a message and I’ll not read it... as a reminder to do it!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Been busy enough so hadn’t got a chance to put up a review. I had my wheel alignment carried out just before Christmas. Super job by the guys down in Bangor. The fella carrying out the work took the time to explain the process and tried to explain as to why the previous alignment carried out just want 100%.

Really nice premises, friendly staff and a top job!

Many thanks!

7A05674D-8249-4411-A9D5-1D6DC9BB3A7E.jpeg
0591A388-E47C-4068-B275-9B4B1160319F.jpeg

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Thank you for the feedback @Eddie_

I had planned to be there to see you but I had forgotten I had an appointment elsewhere.

Always makes makes me happy to hear that the team keep up their customer service levels when I’m away!

Thanks again!

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Can I ask please, is there really many savings with buying with the like of black circles etc regarding price?
I know you have two options, supply and fit, or just supply only.

Just a curiosity question.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
@ShaunB I know that I quoted you a fantastic price on the correct size Hankooks for your daughters Vauxhall Corsa, the likes of BlackCircles couldn’t come near.

Guess it’s the whole reason people shop around as no single outfit will always be the cheapest on every single product. Otherwise nobody would shop around. Everyone has different offers at different times.

Then of course you have the warranty issue. Should there be an issue with a tyre, you take it straight back to the physical shop and something is done then and there. If you buy a tyre online and if the tyre is faulty, you can’t drive on three wheels (unless you’re Delboy), you’re forced to buy a tyre from a physical store then the hassle of organising a return, posting it to the online seller, waiting for inspection and eventually a refund. A lot of time and hassle and chasing up. Although granted, this is rare.

Thankfully the tyre industry is about both product and service. The online outfits know this and the only thing that they can offer is the allure of CHEAPEST PRICE GUARANTEED.

They can’t offer the expertise of a trustworthy independent.

To answer your question, is there really money to be saved? Yes. No. Maybe. Can online sellers match an independent’s overall offering? No.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Finally got into the Bangor branch this morning for a wheel alignment on the Skoda, friendly and professional and helpful, hard to find in the motor trade, I have recommended before but def recommend again.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
I need tyres for my own car soon, 295/35/20.
Currently Pirelli P zero, but they are truly awful tyres in my opinion.

The grip in cold damp conditions is absolutely terrible.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.