Helmet camera

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
Thinking of getting a camera for my helmet but have no idea what one to go for. What are you guys using and were did you get it from ?.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
As above are popular choices, a lot of youtube vlogger types use them with internal mics, wouldn't really know some of them were riding..

Ive no real issues with my sena 10c, it's an intercom unit too and most importantly, can be powered from the bike

warren

RMS Photographer
Im still rocking an 8 year old Drift HD Ghost, have the external mic in the helmet, I dont motovlog bit its good for wind free-ish noise of the bike!

Has an external remote for start/stop and a screen on the outside. Has been flawless, im sure their new cameras are pretty decent too!

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
OP
BIGDAVE
Drives
audi a7
Bought a go pro hero 5 sessions for my helmet so we shall see how it goes. Got it cheap from Argos £124.99 from £200

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
OP
BIGDAVE
Drives
audi a7
Well the go pro didn't last long before it sh*t the bed so it went back. I am now on the look out for a drift hd 4k.

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
GoPro 3 and it’s worked flawlessly..just got a new helmet mount putting the GoPro right in front of my chin so looking forward to getting out and taking some footage.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Well the go pro didn't last long before it sh*t the bed so it went back. I am now on the look out for a drift hd 4k.
The Drift Ghost X is looking very good for motor/cyclists. It's only £129.99, ridiculous 5hr battery life extendable to 8, wifi setup etc etc

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
OP
BIGDAVE
Drives
audi a7
Bought a drift ghost 4k today so when it arrives I will let you all know how I get on with it .

NotKG

Banned
id imagine the 5k would be hard on card space and require a fast card.
i have a drift hd, and had to buy ultra 90mbps at £54 each,, was a couple of years ago,, dont know how expensive they are mow.
4k might require higher mbps

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.