**Help from any Porsche 718 owners**

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Hi all,

Very short notice I know, but are there any 718 owners out there that would be able/willing to let me have a look around their car tomorrow?

I am currently looking at buying one (its on the mainland) but I have never had a look around one, and as looking over one at a dealer is impossible at the moment this seems to be my only option.

Cheers,
Chris

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Hi all,

Very short notice I know, but are there any 718 owners out there that would be able/willing to let me have a look around their car tomorrow?

I am currently looking at buying one (its on the mainland) but I have never had a look around one, and as looking over one at a dealer is impossible at the moment this seems to be my only option.

Cheers,
Chris

I'm near sure I seen an article title relating to 718 6 cylinder engines being recalled for damage/potential damage 🤔

MarkM

RMS Regular
This is a 718 T, so yes the 4 cyl.

718 Boxter is one of the prettiest things on the road imo I know it’s a minority view but I’d have the 4 pot turbo over the n/a 6 cylinder every time, turbos make everything better in my world lol

workman

RMS Regular
Hi all,

I am currently looking at buying one (its on the mainland) but I have never had a look around one, and as looking over one at a dealer is impossible at the moment this seems to be my
Hi all,

Cheers,
Chris
While not a 718, I’ve it’s older brother with a 981 Cayman, you’re welcome to come have a socially distanced look.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
While not a 718, I’ve it’s older brother with a 981 Cayman, you’re welcome to come have a socially distanced look.

Cheers for the offer, much appreciated. I'm not sure what the extent of the differences are, so would really like a look at a 718, its specifically the sound and also the boot space front and rear I would really like to look at, its very difficult to gauge the space from photos.

workman

RMS Regular
Cheers for the offer, much appreciated. I'm not sure what the extent of the differences are, so would really like a look at a 718, its specifically the sound and also the boot space front and rear I would really like to look at, its very difficult to gauge the space from photos.
For reference, a small set of golf clubs should fit in the rear boot and two overhead cabin suitcases at the front.
Engine sound: subjectively, my friend’s 718 was ‘industrial’ mixed with a bit of ‘Subaru’. I’d call it purposeful. Performance should not disappoint and if my car is anything to go by, daily use is great.

Martyn

RMS Regular
I’ve a 718 GT4 here and have owned a 718 cayman s....

I can give you any info if it helps.

Drop me a pm if it’s better

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
No problem at all. It was great to get out for a chat.

Bumped Ito a guy on the way home with a 200 mile paint to sample 992 turbo s... completely stunning looking car.

Wow, that must be an eye-watering cost option.

Martyn

RMS Regular
Wow, that must be an eye-watering cost option.

£13k for the paint and 3 A4 pages of options. The threads on the seats matched to the exterior of the car and custom illuminated logos on the carbon kick plates..

Mindblowing.