Help please

Dave135

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW m135i
Alright chaps

Was washing the car today and noticed scuffs and tiny scrapes all over the rear bumper. Car is only 2 weeks old. Could be lifting stuff out of the boot but seems excessive. Any tips on how to get rid. They haven’t broke the clear coat and can’t feel them with your nail. Was thinking maybe even meguiars scratch x etc would do the trick. Attached photos below.

Cheers
E271D2F5-1A43-48ED-8CC1-804B8435D347.jpeg
A270E097-AAA3-44F3-9C1D-24DC6346644E.jpeg

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
That looks pretty bad for two weeks worth of use, if I'm honest. Do you have a dog by any chance?
Megs scratch x will likely take a LOT of work by hand, as any compound will need to be worked thoroughly to allow the abrasives to break down and cut the clear coat back to the level of the scuff marks. If you're not sure what youre doing, take it to a professional, or you risk making it worse.
It will likely need a gentle machine polish with a good cutting and finishing compound and those will come out without much bother., but you'll need to think about how to prevent them happening in the future. Some paint protection film perhaps.
Good luck
Cooks

Dave135

RMS Regular
OP
Dave135
Drives
BMW m135i
That looks pretty bad for two weeks worth of use, if I'm honest. Do you have a dog by any chance?
Megs scratch x will likely take a LOT of work by hand, as any compound will need to be worked thoroughly to allow the abrasives to break down and cut the clear coat back to the level of the scuff marks. If you're not sure what youre doing, take it to a professional, or you risk making it worse.
It will likely need a gentle machine polish with a good cutting and finishing compound and those will come out without much bother., but you'll need to think about how to prevent them happening in the future. Some paint protection film perhaps.
Good luck
Cooks
No dog mate. Although a lot of dog walkers walk past my house daily so I thought it could be the issue.

It’s really annoying me to be honest. Thought I could do it myself but maybe not possible.

Yea mate will maybe get some protection on it.

Any recommendations on anyone who could do it.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Depending where you are as there are a few members on here dotted around the country who could possibly help but @big_pete worked wonders on my Tiguan which is also black, I would highly recommend him in Belfast.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Try poorboys blackhole, if it doesn't fill it in nothing is likely to. Worth a try before going to a professional.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Have you washed it much in your 2 weeks ?
with the amount of rubbish on the roads at the minute poor washing method would mess up black paint very quick
Few minutes with a buff would likely fix it this time, but something seems amiss

Dave135

RMS Regular
OP
Dave135
Drives
BMW m135i
Have you washed it much in your 2 weeks ?
with the amount of rubbish on the roads at the minute poor washing method would mess up black paint very quick
Few minutes with a buff would likely fix it this time, but something seems amiss
First wash. Noticed it when I rinsed off the snow foam. I’m particular about my cars which is why it seems strange.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Possibly done at PDI stage / poor washing at the dealer and had a lick of filler polish over it that has now washed off?

Dave135

RMS Regular
OP
Dave135
Drives
BMW m135i
Possibly done at PDI stage / poor washing at the dealer and had a lick of filler polish over it that has now washed off?
Crossed my mind that. Wouldn’t surprise me anyway.

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
If you haven’t touched it, I’d say the dealer has covered it up, probably done with the likes of a vacuum hose, gritty cloth etc.
Do you have access to a polisher? Easily fixable, with abit of polishing or wet sanding etc.