Help with wiring accelerator pedal today..?

chapletown

RMS Regular
Drives
G20 M340i X
Hi guys

I wonder if anyone could help me or point me in the right direction. Wife's car is up for mot today at 6.

Engine management light has been on the last while because of accelerator pedal position sensor fault. So bought new acc pedal assembly. Of course it only came last night so have went to fit it this morning and in the process have managed to pull the wiring out of the connector that plugs into the acc pedal. Would anyone know anyone that could wire a new plug onto this for me today? Or where I might get a new connector? Obv the car can't go anywhere as it has no pedal so would need someone that could call out to me. I'm between Antrim and ballymena.

Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    5.2 KB · Views: 60
  • PXL_20220107_152710079.jpg
    PXL_20220107_152710079.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Your easiest and quickest option will be get the wiring and plug from the same vehicle and joint it yourself.

You could try some small spades, but as you do not know the pinout locations....not a good idea. And as that is a critical sensor and will not be tolerant of poor connections, the spades may end up throwing faults. You also don't want to risk harming the pins on the pedal itself.

chapletown

RMS Regular
OP
chapletown
Drives
G20 M340i X
Thanks for the replies. Brother in law has an old Jetta sitting at the house which has been off the road for a while so it is now an accelerator pedal connector lighter. And the wifes car has a nice shiny new mot certificate šŸ¤£šŸ¤£