HEMS BBC1

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Very good show and a total shame the guy never saw it all come to reality.

I'm not a bike follower but did I pick up the medics only follow the first lap. Why is that? Seems they took a big risk to only cover part of a race.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Very good show and a total shame the guy never saw it all come to reality.

I'm not a bike follower but did I pick up the medics only follow the first lap. Why is that? Seems they took a big risk to only cover part of a race.
Sighting and first laps due to heavier fuel loads and cold ish tyres.

They do last lap also iirc, then the course is cleared by travelling marshalls

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Maybe do the sighting lap as a bit of a warm up. So if they need to respond it's just hit the ignition and go. He help saved many lives, even after his passing. I've seen the air ambulance in action at least 5 times.

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Very good show and as others have said a shame that John didnt see it but amazing job he done!

I'd love to do something to try and raise some money for them...

NotKG

Banned
OP
N
maybe we should all do a carpark meet with the cars and donate at the gate.
maybe a cruise down to his area of portaferry.
maybe a show and shind down there too.

if anyone is interested in running it, maybe with a car or bike dealership assisting .

or RMS run it.

i wouldnt have a clue and there is a lot of insurance complications nowadays.

but, yea, it would be good to give them something
@S2K-Aaron
@Coog

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Happy to support where I can but I've not got the time for arranging anything at the minute chaps. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help though.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I missed this and can’t seem to get it in iPlayer.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
John was a real gentleman. Funny, intelligent, sharp witted, somewhat care free but ultimately, a real decent bloke. I'd known John for many year before his passing.

We'd shared the road, the track and pints. By no means was I his best mate, but we'd have been in each others company quite a few times throughout the year. He was meant to race one of my bikes, but I went and cartwheeled it at Nutts Corner. We'd stuck the fairing of his CBR together with cable ties, he wrote off a demo GSXR1000 in front of me on out 1st lap of Dundrod on a 'test' run. This was the bike he used for a few seasons that was wrapped in the medical livery.

He'd have been proud of what has been achieved with the HEMS programme. #Delta7 #DeathIsAWаnker

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
maybe we should all do a carpark meet with the cars and donate at the gate.
maybe a cruise down to his area of portaferry.
maybe a show and shind down there too.

if anyone is interested in running it, maybe with a car or bike dealership assisting .

or RMS run it.

i wouldnt have a clue and there is a lot of insurance complications nowadays.

but, yea, it would be good to give them something
@S2K-Aaron
@Coog

I wouldn't really either have a clue but i'd love to be involved in something for next year, as you say a Meet up somewhere near a dealership etc.

I'd be willing to help in anyway I can.

Suggestions welcome

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Hard work by a man that just wanted to improve the health and welbeing for people in northern ireland

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.