Hi!
My name is Konrad.
I just wanna ask You about BMW R1200RT?

What do you think about this one?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Great big bike, and I’m a big fan of the BMW boxer engine, even though they’re as cumbersome and clattery as **** at the best of times with a gearbox that’s only comparable with that of a Massey Ferguson.

What year of machine are you looking at?

Nigelhg

RMS Member
Bit of an old man's bike however very comfortable for 2 up- would never consider one myself but I'm only in my forties😀

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Bit of an old man's bike however very comfortable for 2 up- would never consider one myself but I'm only in my forties😀

I’d have 1 over their S1000RR offering in a heartbeat (sorry @gav525 😂).

I’ve an R1150GS, but have recently found myself eyeing up the RT’s too for covering big distances and all round comfort.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
The R1200RT is generally the benchmark tourer that all others try to beat. Heard of issues with the final drive on the early ones. I know someone who had the newer water cooled one and had the whole engine replaced on warranty because of paint flaking/corrosion within the first year!
I was tempted by one in the past but bought a Honda ST1300 instead, but only because I had a BMW and fancied a change. But they are a very capable bike.

Lee

RMS Regular
My uncle had problems with the ABS on his, I think it was a 2007 bike. Whatever the problem was, it left him stranded more than once iirc. Think it was a known problem in them.