Hidden/ small Dash Cams

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Morning folks

Thought I’d post a thread to see if anyone has any experience with a small discreet Dash cam.

I’m commuting to a different site for work and all I can say is wow, I’ve lost count of how man times I’ve near lost the side of my car on roundabouts and from people using the wrong lanes.

I want something that is small, and easy to hide out of view as much as possible.

Anyone able to recommend anything or someone?

Thanks in advance

Jayme

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
There are recorders that use remote cameras. So a base recording unit with like little bullet cams....probably more common for likes of motorbikes.

I've been tempted by some for a multicam setup, but never enough to actually buy one as they don't seem to be that cheap

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I use a viofo a129 duo which isn't tiny, but its a lot more discrete than some. stuck on the black dotty sunvisor strip with just the lens below and I keep the display off. Rear cam is small because the front one does all the recording. Chose it because it was fairly cheap £120 and has buffered parking mode.

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP
I looked into this a while back, havent got round to buying anything though. Garmin sell a "Dash cam mini" which is small enough to fit in behind the rear view mirror. Reviews are mixed though; no screen and complaints about the app where you have to download your saved videos onto your phone, but for £89 you could live with it. Or if you've a big budget then anything BlackVue would be discreet.

Garmin Dash Cam Mini | Halfords UK

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I've a nextbase one and it's stuck up tight towards to window and it's out of sight I never notice it and you'd be hard pushed to notice it unless up close.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I use a viofo a129 duo which isn't tiny, but its a lot more discrete than some. stuck on the black dotty sunvisor strip with just the lens below and I keep the display off. Rear cam is small because the front one does all the recording. Chose it because it was fairly cheap £120 and has buffered parking mode.
This is the one I use too - not tiny, but the wedge shape leaves it fairly discreet

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Ive a Blackvue DR750S-1CH.
I have it stuck in behind the rear view mirror and cant see it at all.
Screenshot_20210131_112802.jpg

Martyn

RMS Regular
I have a 2channel Blackvue. The front camera is barely noticable behind the rear view mirror. The rear camera is about 1/2 size of a packet of polo mints.

The front and rear cameras are connected by one wire, the software that you install on your phone is pretty easy to use as well.

hillbilly

RMS Regular
I just bought one of those Garmin Minis. It’s much smaller than I thought.

Attachments

• 7FF5C036-5EF0-4AD8-A050-102A9F7A7ED1.jpeg
    7FF5C036-5EF0-4AD8-A050-102A9F7A7ED1.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 85

FrankXK8

RMS Regular
Drives
XKR
These B4K ones are pretty discrete, and 4K. And the manufacturer is turning out to be a respected one as time goes on.

But what about a motorbike DVR with 2 cameras ? The cams are very small and waterproof

Amazon product ASIN B08614J94V