High Quality Retrim

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Hi All,

As part of the on-going resto of the Courtenay Nova, I want to get the leather retrim re-done. Now I know there are many capable within NI, but I've seen varying quality. I want a proper job, in high quality leather, with the seat foam all replaced etc.

Recommendations please of quality workmanship?

IMG_2139.JPG

Gambit

RMS Regular
slightly off topic sorry :worried: but what is the alarm immobiliser key circled? i have one in my mk2 golf (as does @Scherni ) and couldnt figure out what old alarm system it was as no longer have the key for it

1611141984890.png

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi

Guy is called Del, & has been around the car scene a long time. Very easy to work with, open to ideas. When we went up there was a freshly painted Scania cab on a pallet (no chassis etc) ready for retrimming. Then when collecting there was an old school Merc saloon (wheel visible in pic below). Always something interesting kicking about!

Myself, @cauld1 & @natogreen16v all got ours done at same time. Fantastic work & handy paid in my opinion for the quality (plus a good roadtrip included) never mind the fact I love Glasgow. The green/houndstooth are mine, Connors tan OEM Recaros behind & @cauld1 's Cobra seats are at the back out of shot iirc

Recaros.jpg

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
If you want a proper job of it I'd do as @Bono872 says and head over to Scotland to see Del at Optimus. He did my Recaros, rear seats and doorcards.

As my seat foam was in good condition he didn't replace it but swapped the passenger and driver foam around to tighten things up.

Including the boats my interior cost me £2100 and is one of the few people I could drop something to and have zero worries.

Also his embroidery for logos etc is top notch. Something that really let's Arek's stuff down.

The reason we found him was a lot of Scottish cars were coming to Dubshed with great interiors and when we asked who was doing them it was all the same guy.

@optimus_automotive_trimmers on IG.

Screenshot_20210120-114829.jpg
Screenshot_20210120-114857__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210120-114909__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210120-114842__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210120-114835__01.jpg

Connor

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
If you want a proper job of it I'd do as @Bono872 says and head over to Scotland to see Del at Optimus. He did my Recaros, rear seats and doorcards.

As my seat foam was in good condition he didn't replace it but swapped the passenger and driver foam around to tighten things up.

Including the boats my interior cost me £2100 and is one of the few people I could drop something to and have zero worries.

Also his embroidery for logos etc is top notch. Something that really let's Arek's stuff down.

The reason we found him was a lot of Scottish cars were coming to Dubshed with great interiors and when we asked who was doing them it was all the same guy.

@optimus_automotive_trimmers on IG.

View attachment 309389View attachment 309390View attachment 309391View attachment 309393View attachment 309394

Connor

That is just delightful.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Thank you all - I don't mind the travel to Glasgow - love a good roadtrip! I'll give him a shout and get it organised. His work looks great!
slightly off topic sorry :worried: but what is the alarm immobiliser key circled? i have one in my mk2 golf (as does @Scherni ) and couldnt figure out what old alarm system it was as no longer have the key for it

View attachment 309386

Yeah its an oldskool alarm / immobiliser. I won't be using it going forward because I'm getting the loom refurbished and going DTA Ecu.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Plush automotive are another (albeit expensive) option, but Optimus would be the clear choice for all factors.

Had a close look at a few interiors Del’s done and they’re absolutely superb.

Arek had done amazing work on some cars, average on others. Wouldn’t take the risk for this reason.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Another vote for Del at Optimus in Glasgow here! Quality work and knows his stuff and really knowledgeable and keen. Haven't had my car done yet due to covid and change of plans, but somethings I asked him about others turned their nose up at he was yeah we'll give it ago, and back and forth with ideas and suggestions too!