High temperature paint

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Stuarty 7 and me are both looking for high temperature paint to do our rocker covers. Im after a wrinkle affect white and he is looking for either a wrinkle effect or smooth bonze. I have tried halfords but they seem to only have black or red. Is there any where you can buy this or get it made up.

Thanks

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Never even looked as far as I can remember all he had was red but I will have a look tomorrow. I want a set of those HIDs from him they look amazing.

Acid

RMS Regular
Use BBQ paint mate

Trick used on bikes downpipes works great and harder wearing less prone to coming off.

Acid

RMS Regular
A diy store as for the crackle effect is easy to do yourself just trying to save you some cash mate

stuarty7

RMS Regular
Drives
accord type s
clive think only has black silver and red which is actually more a pinky/orange as i tried it first time round.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Its not like a crakle effect as such it wrinkles and goes a matt colour. Ill try and get a photo of what its like. Not bothered if its to expensive because I want it done right and the tenzo r rocker covers are like £100. Thanks anyway acid ill take a trip around them and see if anything turns up.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
The wrinkle paint does look cool

If you check the DIY Rocker thread on CSC it has a few links to places supplying that particular paint

Rik

clio ryan

RMS Regular
Drives
suzuki ignis spo
i got a great metalic gold off a shop on ebay (dont pocess the ste anymore) but he had many different effects and colours

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
you dont have to use high temp paint my last one was done by wee balls

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Think I found on in auto spares in comber. It drys matt but not sure if its wrinkle but I will try it any way and see how it turns out. Thinking about doing the manifold aswell.

civic_c

RMS Regular
''wrinkle paint'' looks like cracks/wrinkles when it drys........

Captain Starlet.... dont do the mainfold, might as well heat wrap it.

also for rocker covers, i have used standard car paint with a vht base coat, but theres alot of ppl have just used standard paint, the rocker cover gets hot but not hot enough to make it flake if its prep'd right.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
and dont heat wrap the manifold either as it's bad for engines from what i'm told !

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
wrinkle paint.jpg

This is like wrinkle paint. I have a roll of heat rap but I am wanting a turbo so I dont want to waste it on this manifold as it wasnt that cheap.

Not think a white matt manifold would go well with the rocker cover and engine bay. Maybe Ill just polish it some more graham.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.