Hillsborough Super Car Sunday this sunday

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris86

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Had a Brilliant afternoon there today. Got a blast in the 1M and it was great, so much more fun to be had in that than the e92 M3!!!

The GTR.......... that puts a whole new meaning on the word quick! It was savage! What a car for the money.

Saunts

RMS Regular
If I had of known that F40 was there today it would have helped to cure the almighty hangover I had after the oyster festival :sob:

Johnboy1984

RMS Regular
Drives
2004 e46 m3
This was awesome Craic today... Got a run in the 1m.... The driver was sound and he wasn't scared to send her on... I fulfilled my dream of getting a run in a Ferrari, it was a 360 though and I didn't get out of it thinking that it was a rocket ship... The 599's and the 458's would have been the job... Il get in one of those next year... A closed road or even track would have been the answer

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
the driving standards on sunday around that stretch of road was absolutely shocking and made it difficult for the drivers to provide a decent run for the passengers. the constant weaving onto the right lane from joe public with little or no signalling and not obeying speed limits was a disgrace on the run up to the h'borough r'about. Im surprised there was not an accident on this road too. Also peoeple not understanding the rules of the road its 70mph on a dual carriageway UNLESS specified. At least on the way back down the c'way there was some consideration

i was NOT surprised either when the accident occured on the link road opposite sainsburys ... 3 car pile up and it was due to tailgating and lack of observation ... the merc and bmw driver (typical) should be ashamed of themeselves ... the conditions due to weather had changed and no compensation for it. :worried:

it would be great for a road closure but on that stretch of road but on a sunday i suspect that would be EXTREMELY difficult for someone to organise. THe use of signs for the event would not even register on the small mindedness of drivers using that road yesterday and lets be honest due to the idiots they would probably cause an accident reading them.

Apart from this it was a good day and great to see the turn out of cars (what recession?!) and a well run event. Good to get a couple of runs with newer machinery ... watching the black GTR squirm off the h'borough r'about was interesting as you drove behind it!

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks like a fantastic day out, gutted I missed it this year.

Any photos of the GTR or this 1 of 4 AMG machine?

Johnboy1984

RMS Regular
Drives
2004 e46 m3
I thought the standard of driving was quite good ... Plenty of sideways action at various stages of the day .... Some people need to lighten up

jaybo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bug WRX
I thought the standard of driving was quite good ... Plenty of sideways action at various stages of the day .... Some people need to lighten up

i think he is referring to Joe public , Sunday drivers as I can bear testimony to if you read back further in the thread and i wasn't even speeding when this occurred .

moorsojr

RMS Regular
Drives
320D M Sport
brilliant day and it really was amazing to see/hear some of the most impressive cars in the world. i think a location change would be a good idea, it is one of the busiest roundabouts in the country so you are always going to get idiots on the road.

Johnboy1984

RMS Regular
Drives
2004 e46 m3
i think he is referring to Joe public , Sunday drivers as I can bear testimony to if you read back further in the thread and i wasn't even speeding when this occurred .
Lol one of my pals was out on a run and he came back and said... "Someone binned a scooby onto the verge "..... Sundays are lethal.. Especially over here with all these coffin dodgers heading to church... Hope the car is ok?

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
took a run up with @Bigman, some very awesome cars, didnt get a run in anything but we got plenty of pics which im sure hell be along with soon :laughing:

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
@Derekm - Exige sounded fantastic when you got a clear run past us
Thanks, would have liked to have stood in under the bridge or up the road myself to hear some of the cars. Was hard getting a clear run at times with all the traffic. Wet roundabouts made it interesting!

jaybo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bug WRX
Lol one of my pals was out on a run and he came back and said... "Someone binned a scooby onto the verge "..... Sundays are lethal.. Especially over here with all these coffin dodgers heading to church... Hope the car is ok?

yeah mate, I think the car is all good, haven't got a chance to check the underside properly yet but it seems to be driving ok, brakes were a bit sticky after jamming them on but have freed up now. Thank God for ABS lol

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Looked like an amazing day, I was working so couldn't go, but that F12 looks glorious is yellow, and that F40:heart:.

Johnboy1984

RMS Regular
Drives
2004 e46 m3
yeah mate, I think the car is all good, haven't got a chance to check the underside properly yet but it seems to be driving ok, brakes were a bit sticky after jamming them on but have freed up now. Thank God for ABS lol
It's a rally car, it can cope with a bit of offloading lol... What a day out that would be if we could have it on a closed road or a track... £10 for a lap round kirkistown ?... sounds good to me

jaybo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bug WRX
Don't know why Ruth, there was an rs focus doing runs... An evo would be every bit as exciting as one of them....

Even though it was reasonably quick, I wouldn't have called the white TT a super car either lol He was actually behind me when I had the off :confounded:

Last edited:

Ruth

RMS Regular
Even though it was reasonably quick, I wouldn't have called the white TT a super car either lol
Both the focus and tt sounded awesome! Was in front of the focus for a bit didn't realise he was doing runs, then behind him when I was looking a space on the carriageway, some sound out of it wonder what all is done to it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.