Hillsborough Super Car Sunday this sunday

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
To be honest.. the public cars spoiled the majority of my runs which was annoying. Felt like need for speed underground in the GTR weaving through the cars at full pelt!!!!

thornracing

RMS Photographer
OP
thornracing
Drives
accent
looked like it turned out to be a great day i had to leave before any of the cars went on any of there runs, think i took 2 photos 1 of my cousin in the drivers seat of the GTO and 1 of the momentum girls...lol

Johnboy1984

RMS Regular
Drives
2004 e46 m3
Does anyone know what the final amount raised was?.... For a couple of hours the amount raised is usually great.. When I left it was up at 6k

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
I had zero expectations like most days but Sunday on that stretch of road just seemed to bring out the worst in people. There was not just crap inconsiderate driving but monumental crap driving!

I think you're having too much faith in the public here, people are idiots. You shouldn't set your expectations so high of them, then you won't be as disappointed when they do something stupid.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
It's a great event, the concept is fantastic, but the situation is less than ideal. I have driven every year except one and watched as it has grown in popularity. A closed environment would be brilliant, we could do allot more with the fantastic line up of cars and space to use them, the Maze was discussed before and I hope will be looked at again, I could have a ball within those gates. At present you can only drive to the condition of the road and the other road users, some people get carried away and get spoken too accordingly. This year was brilliant, we raised allot of money for a good cause and had zero incidents, however the Sunday traffic is difficult and I can see every point raised on this thread.

Were you in your own black one or Si's?

Looks to be a lot of fun sir!

Big Ian

RMS Member
Drives
Focus RS Mk2
Just reading back through this and noticed a few comments. This wasn't just supercars it was also modified cars also. Plus it was also for a very good charity so regardless if it was a supercar or not. Respect to all those people that have givin up there day and car to take part!!!! Even if there car wasn't a supercar.

It was myself Ruth in the white rs. Love your evo really really clean infact cleanest iv seen. Below is mods done to rs.

Engine
Airtech intercooler
As inlet plenum
Mountune downpipe, sports cat and exhaust system.
Bosch 550cc injectors
Bluefin stage 4
K&N airfilter & mountune Airbox

Also have carbon fibre bits and bobs and other things :grinning:

So far sitting at 400bhp not sure of I want anymore power going through the front wheels.

Ruth

RMS Regular
Just reading back through this and noticed a few comments. This wasn't just supercars it was also modified cars also. Plus it was also for a very good charity so regardless if it was a supercar or not. Respect to all those people that have givin up there day and car to take part!!!! Even if there car wasn't a supercar.

It was myself Ruth in the white rs. Love your evo really really clean infact cleanest iv seen. Below is mods done to rs.

Engine
Airtech intercooler
As inlet plenum
Mountune downpipe, sports cat and exhaust system.
Bosch 550cc injectors
Bluefin stage 4
K&N airfilter & mountune Airbox

Also have carbon fibre bits and bobs and other things :grinning:

So far sitting at 400bhp not sure of I want anymore power going through the front wheels.

Thank you Ian, focus really does look fantastic, sorry for getting in your way lol

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
@Big Ian - Your Focus was gorgeous btw, me and a few mates were standing in the tunnel near the end of the day taking some vids & you didn't hesitate to let us here thon beast roar each time! Good lad you are. The car is a credit to you, gorgeous motor. (y)

Big Ian

RMS Member
Drives
Focus RS Mk2
Thanks Ruth, lol all good don't worry. Thanks Daniel its good to hear what people think of it :grinning: by any change you wouldn't happen to have any vids of it at all ;-)

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
There seemed quite a few people taking vids at various points. Wouldnt mind seeing some of them myself too.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
@Big Ian - I do indeed, but they're just poor quality phone ones. Got some of most of the cars there including yours @Derekm

I'll have a nosey through them & post them when I get a chance if I've any goodens. My mate had a better camera on his phone though, if I get the hold of him I'll see if he can send me his vids instead.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Sorry I can only upload the short vids & I have very little, computer is playing up and I can't get the long ones to upload which are a mix of all the cars. (I just paused and recorded for ages) :p

@Big Ian

@Derekm

I know they're terrible & poor sound quality. I'll see if I can get better ones from my mate.

Big Ian

RMS Member
Drives
Focus RS Mk2
Thanks Daniel when I click on them to watch it says video is private think you need to change it on YouTube so it's public :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.